Training for Cultural Managers from Arab Countries
برنامج تدريب الإدارة الثقافية 2015
Therefore as part of the KULTURAKADEMIE Programme, the Goethe-Institut is offering a sixweek cultural management training for members of non-state cultural institutions from the Arab world in September/October 2015 for the fifth time since 2011.
15 participants will be trained in Germany in fields like:
- Basics of Cultural Management
- Cultural policy
- Communication and marketing
- Audience Development
The seminar language is English.
In addition, individual project-related guest visits to partner institutions of the KulturpartnerNetzwerk of the Goethe-Institut all over Germany will offer the participants further opportunities for professional networking.
The programme aims at professionalizing Arab cultural sector workers, developing a sustainable pan-Arabian network between cultural institutions as well as promoting cooperation between Arab and German cultural institutions.
The cultural management training will be organized in cooperation with the independent Arab cultural organisation Al Mawred Al Thaqafy (Culture Resource) and conducted by both Arab and German trainers.
Target Group„Independent“, non-state protagonists from various cultural fields from the Arab world (e.g. curators, (executive) employees of cultural centres, festival organizers, gallery owners as well as theatre and film professionals). Requirements for participation:
- At least three years of relevant professional experience in the cultural sector
- Very good command of English
- Application with a specific project proposal
Participating countriesAlgeria, Egypt, GCC Countries, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
Participants will be selected by the respective Goethe-Institut in North Africa / Middle East (e.g. Goethe-Institut Tunis for applicants from Tunisia) and in consultation with our project partner Al Mawred Al Thaqafy.
- Deadline: April 29th, 2015
- Participant selection: mid-May 2015. Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview via telephone or skype.
- German language course: prior to departure for Germany (optional)
- 31.08.2015 – 04.09.2015 Introductory day and visitors programme
- 07.09.2015 – 25.09.2015 Seminar phase
- 28.09.2015 – 02.10.2015 Individual project-related guest visits
- 05.10.2015 – 09.10.2015 Workshop on the Project Development Fund and Evaluation
Project Coordinator Regional Cultural Management
Tel.: +20 2 25759877, Ext. 328
Fax: +20 2 25771140
Call for Cultural Management Training (PDF, 90KB)
KULTURAKADEMIE NANO is a project of the Goethe-Institut as part of the German-Arab Transformation Partnership and supported by the German Federal Foreign Office.