Notenbank. © Notenbank Weimar
The impressive building of the Notenbank was commissioned in 1893/94 by the Landeskreditanstalt of the Grand Duchy of Saxony, founded in 1870. Following the acquisition of the Kreditanstalt by the Thüringische Staatsbank in 1923, parts of the Notenbank were enlarged and remodeled. Today, the building comprises offices, former residential units, and storage and technical rooms on a total of six floors, including two basement floors that contain old bank vaults and archival rooms. For more than a century, until 2013, the building was home to various banks. In the future, the Notenbank is to be used for a variety of purposes, with a special emphasis on music.
Steubenstraße 15 | 99423 Weimar