Call for Applications: 2017 Literary Residency Program in Novo mesto (Slovenia)
The Goethe-Institut Ljubljana is running a literary residency program in Novo mesto (Slovenia) from 1st November to 30th November 2017.
DescriptionThe Goethe-Institut Ljubljana, in collaboration with the Slovene publishing house Goga, is organizing a literary residency program in November 2017. The program is open to applicants from the field of literature. During the one-month stay, the chosen applicant will get the opportunity to pursue their individual literary projects, to become acquainted with the Slovene literary scene and cultural life of the country and to present their work to the Slovene public. Support, networking and organization will be provided by the publishing house Goga and the Goethe-Institut Ljubljana.
Deadline for applications: 1 September 2017
Services and facilities offered
- Provision of an apartment in Novo mesto from 1st November to 30th November 2017 (http://www.goga.si/en/residence-programmes/gogas-writers-residence/)
- Contribution of max. €250 for travel costs (economy class flights, train 2nd class)
- Contribution of €1000 for living expenses (scholarship)
- Translation of chosen texts (30.000 characters)
- Organization of two literary readings (in Novo mesto and Ljubljana)
- Assistance in networking with relevant individuals and institutions
Eligibility and conditionsThis residency program is open to applicants who live and work in Germany, have a minimum of one published work and are professionally engaged in the field of literature (all literary genres). The only conditions to be fulfilled during the stay for the grant holder are to hold two public readings (in Novo mesto and Ljubljana) where they introduce themselves and their work to the local public and to write a report about their residency that can be used for the Goethe-Institut’s homepage (and possible other media).
Application materialsApplications may be submitted in German or English, and must include the following:
- Curriculum vitae: Your CV must include full contact details, information on your educational history and vocational training, and a summary of your career to date.
- Letter of motivation and project proposal: Please submit a letter of motivation (max. two pages) stating why you wish to take part in the residency program. Please include also a description of the project you would like to pursue during your stay. Please note that we only accept applications by email.