After passing the examination, you will be able to do the following, for example:
- understand the details of important information conveyed in conversations, public announcements and radio reports,
- fully understand important information provided in newspaper articles, statistics and everyday descriptions,
- write logical private or semi-formal messages, such as letters or e-mails,
- hold a simple conversation on a topic of personal interest, briefly give your views on it and respond appropriately to your conversation partner’s opinion,
- report on something, make a suggestion or agree on something in everyday situations.
Goethe-Zertifikats B1: Zertifikat Deutsch (ZD)
Material that can be downloaded
Terms and conditions for exam administration (PDF, 118 KB)
Supplement to the terms and conditions for exam participants with
special needs (PDF, 98KB)
Information for examination candidates with special needs (PDF, 61 KB)
Zertifikat B1 Registration Period:
1) For students who are enrolled in courses of the Goethe-Institut Hongkong in Term 2/2013:
16th - 30th April, 2013
2) For others:
2nd May, 2013
1000 HKD (Students of the Goethe-Institut Hongkong)
1300 HKD for *external candidates.
*Candidates who are not enrolled in courses of Goethe-Institut Hongkong in Term 2/2013.
6:30pm - 9:30pm
6:30pm - 9:40pm
Registration in class