Language Course Scholarships
Every year Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan Kolkata offers a language course scholarship to the best course participant in the advanced levels (B2 - C2) to attend a German language course at a Goethe-Institut in Germany. Enrolled course participants above 18 years of age who have successfully completed the level B2 (i.e. B2.2) with excellent class performance throughout can apply for the merit scholarship. The selection procedure involves a written application as well as a personal interview.
Scholarship for German language teachers
Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan also offers a scholarship to Indian teachers of German in schools, universities and cultural institutions who wish to enhance their language skills to attend a language course at one of our institutes in Germany. German teachers with a minimum proficiency level of B2 can apply for this scholarship.
- a 4- to 8-weeks' intensive course at a Goethe-Institut in Germany
- international certificate examination at the end of the course
- accomodation and boarding for the duration of the course
- travel, health and accident insurance for the duration of the course
- return air-fare (or part thereof) for a single trip between the hometown of the participant and the course location
- pocket money