Terms and Conditions
The following applies to all courses:
- The cost of the books is not included in the course fee, unless specified otherwise
- If a minimum number of participants do not register for the course, we reserve the right to cancel the course
- One teaching unit (UE) = 45 minutes of instruction
1. General RequirementsAll courses are designed for adult learners. Participant must be at least 17 years of age and a proof of age should be furnished at the time of registration (with the exception of participants in courses for teens).
2. Terms of Payment2.1. The course fees is payable at the time of registration. We accept payment only with Demand Draft drawn in favour of “MAX MUELLER BHAVAN”. Misspelt/overwritten/hand corrected demand drafts will not be accepted.
2.2. If full payment is not received by the due date, the participant loses the right to participate. In such cases, the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan retains its entitlement to the course fee.
3. Course fees3.1. The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the price list at the time of application.
3.2. Unless stated otherwise the books must be purchased separately.
4. Cancellation and refunds (courses)
If a participant decides to withdraw from a course, then the following terms and conditions for cancellations and refunds will apply:
4.1 In case of cancellation prior to the start of the course, the course fee shall be refunded after deducting administrative charges equivalent to 10% of the course fee.
4.2 In case of cancellations or withdrawals within three weeks after the commencement of the course, the course fee shall be refunded after deducting 25% of the course fee plus administrative charges equivalent to 10% of the course fee. Thereafter no refunds can be issued.
4.3 Cancellations must be submitted in writing.
4.4 Should the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan cancel a course, the full course fee shall be reimbursed.
5. Examination fees5.1. The contractually binding examination fee is the fee stated in the price list at the time of application.
5.2. Course participants can up to 6 months after the end of the course take the central examination of the corresponding level as an internal candidate. However this is valid only if the language office has been notified in writing prior to the examination date that he/she will not be taking the examination.
6. Cancellation and refunds (examinations)6.1. If one cannot take an examination on medical grounds, the examination fee will be credited for the next examination date.
6.2. If any objection has been raised and accepted, the examination will be considered not taken and the examination fee shall be either credited or refunded.
6.3. If one has been barred from taking the examination, the examination fee shall not be refunded.
7 . “Goethe-Zertifikat B1” examination7.1. Course participants, writing the “Goethe-Zertifikat B1” examination for the first time, will have to write the examination for all the four modules. In the subsequent attempts one can write the examination only for the module which one has not been able to clear in the first attempt.
8 . Course participation certificate8.1. Participants with minimum attendance of 75% are eligible to write the central examination or are entitled to a Course Participation certificate.
9 . Course level assignment/ class size9.1. Candidates with prior knowledge of German, who wish to apply directly for a level higher than A1, are required to take a placement test conducted by the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan, Registration at the level indicated by the placement test is possible only if seats are available at that particular level. Placement test conducted at the beginning or during a semester/trimester shall be valid only for the current or the ongoing semester/trimester. Former Students are eligible to take the placement test only after a gap of 6 months from the date of last registration.
9.2. Our courses have minimum 18 and at most 22 participants for the levels A1 to B2 and minimum 10 and at most 20 participants for the levels C1 to C2. If enrolments are insufficient on the starting date, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course. In this case we will offer the participants the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the course fee.
10 . Liability of the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan10.1. The liability of the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan and its staff shall be limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut Max Mueller Bhavan will have no liability for cancellation of its services due to force majeur (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties).