Most of the tasks are film based
- 80% of the tasks are corrected automatically
- 20% of the tasks are supervised by a tutor
- The tasks include
- Tasks that test your
comprehension of the film
- Tasks developing communication skills, grammar
- Internet research tasks about Germany, its culture
- Tasks for exam preparation
- Approx. 10 vocabulary tests per unit
The independent learning programme has two parts, each comprising six units with a total of approximately 600 film-based tasks and one test for each unit. Each part therefore corresponds to a classroom course of approx. 100 lessons lasting 45 minutes.
redaktion-D part 1 enables you to achieve level A1 and redaktion-D part 2 to reach level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference.
Course 1: You acquire a vocabulary of about 600 words and basic grammatical structures, which will enable you to cope with simple everyday situations.
Course 2: You expand your vocabulary to about 1,200 words, are able to hold basic conversations and understand simple authentic texts.
- Vocabulary trainer
- Words and situations in context
- Reference grammar
- Feature films
- Transcriptions of the films
Find out more about "redaktion-D"!
"German is simple. German is cool. Learn German with redaktion-D." Click here to go to the demo tasks from redaktion-D.
Your password: redaktion-D
Course 1 and course 2 each include a preparation course for the exams "Start Deutsch 1" or "Start Deutsch 2", which you can work through independently.
As the preparation courses are structured and evaluated in the same way as "Start Deutsch 1" and "Start Deutsch 2", you can self-assess your level.
You can then take the examinations "Start Deutsch 1" and "Start Deutsch 2" at a Goethe-Institut or examination centre.
- Your teacher usually communicates with you online.
- Your teacher corrects and comments on the tasks you have submitted.
- Your teacher provides you with individual advice and support for planning your learning.
- Your teacher provides you with tips on how to learn and helps you with any technical queries.
- Your teacher looks after the online activities of your learning group (such as chat and forum).
- Your teacher usually provides you with support in your mother tongue and in German.
- Your teacher is a qualified German teacher from the Goethe-Institut, who has had special training for this kind of course.
- In the classroom lessons you find out how to work most effectively with the independent learning programme.
- During the classroom lessons you can apply and build on the knowledge you have acquired.
- Particular attention is paid to speaking skills and pronunciation.
- You are introduced to learning strategies.
- You clarify any queries you may have.
- The teacher you have for your classroom lessons also provides you with online support.
- If you would like to take the exams "Start Deutsch 1" and "Start Deutsch 2" the classroom lessons provide you with intensive preparation.