Terms and Conditions
The following applies to all courses:
- The cost of the books is not included in the course fee, unless specified otherwise
- If a minimum number of participants do not register for the course, we reserve the right to cancel the course
- One teaching unit (UE) = 45 minutes of instruction
1. General RequirementsCourse participants must be at least 17 years of age (with the exception of participants in courses for teens)
2. Terms of Payment2.1. The course fees becomes due at the time of registration. We accept payment with Demand Draft in the name of "MAX MUELLER BHAVAN" . Misspelt/overwritten/handcorrected demand drafts will not be accepted.
2.2. If full payment is not received by the due date, the participant loses the right to participate. In such cases, the Max Mueller Bhavan (Goethe-Institut) retains its entitlement to the course fee.
3. Course fees3.1. The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the price list at the time of application in the current prospectus of the Max Mueller Bhavan (Goethe-Institut).
3.2. Should a participant wish to change his or her booking (change course dates), a fee of INR 1000 will be charged (provided the seat is available).
4. Cancellation and refunds4.1 If a participant decides to withdraw from a course, then the following terms and conditions for cancellations and refunds will apply: In case he/ she withdraws before the commencement of the course the course fees will be refunded after deducting INR 1000 of the fee as administrative charges.
After the commencement of the course there is no possibility of a refund or adjustment of fee, irrespective of whether you have attended any class or not.
4.2 Cancellations must be submitted in writing. The date of cancellation shall be the date of receipt at the Goethe-Institut.
5. Course level assignment / class size5.1. Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted at the Institute.
5.2. Our courses have at least 15 and at most 25 participants for the levels A1 to B2 and at least 10 and at most 20 participants for the levels C1 to C2. If enrolments are insufficient on the starting date, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course. In this case we will offer the participants the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the course fee. We regret that we can only conduct courses that have the minimum number of participants by the end of the enrolment period. To avoid cancellations of courses that would have taken place if participants had enrolled in time, we advise students in their own interests to register before the deadline.
6. Responsibilities of participantsParticipants are obliged to comply with the course rules and house rules applicable to the Institute.
7. Liability of the Goethe-InstitutThe liability of the Max Mueller Bhavan (Goethe-Institut) and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. Goethe-Institut (GI) also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to force majeur (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties).