Selection of translated titles:
- Peter Sloterdijk: You Must Change Your Life (Du Musst Dein Leben Ändern). Polity Press, 2012
- Paul Celan, Ingeborg Bachmann: Heart-Time : The Correspondence (Herzzeit. Ingeborg Bachmann - Paul Celan. Der Briefwechsel). Seagull Books, 2010
- Klaus Huber,Claus-Steffen Mahnkopf: From Time to Time (Von Zeit zu Zeit). Wolke, 2010
- Ralf Rothmann: Young Light (Junges Licht). Seagull Books, 2010
- Theodor W. Adorno: Night Music : Essays on Music 1928-1962. Seagull Books, 2009
- Peter Sloterdijk: Derrida, an Egyptian (Derrida ein Ägypter). Polity, 2009
- Theodor W. Adorno: Letters to his Parents (Briefe an die Eltern). Polity, 2007
Three questions to Wieland Hoban:
Why did you choose to become a translator? Is it the profession you always wanted?
As I was brought up speaking two languages, the right pre-conditions were already there to a certain extent. Through my activities in the sphere of academic journalism, an increasing amount of opportunities arose from which I was eventually able to make a living.
Which German book do you like the best and why?
I'm afraid I can't answer that! There are too many great works.
Is there a particular book you would like to translate?
Musik als existenzielle Erfahrung, by the German composer Helmut Lachenmann.