Discover a new Path: Explore Germany
The Goethe-Institut invites high school students who are interested in science to discover Germany! Twelve talented young scientists will have the opportunity to travel to Germany and learn what it has to offer.
You will experience Berlin, Braunschweig and Cologne. However, you will not only see interesting cities, but you will explore research institutions in the fields of Geoscience, Bionics, and Aerospace. A visit to a technical museum and a tour of the Volkswagen factory are also a part of the program. Furthermore, you will meet your German peers and experience life as a student in a German school.
Of course, there will still be time for sightseeing and a stroll through the Christmas market.
You will find details in the Preliminary Program.
If you are interested in participating, please apply to email@example.com.
Your application must include
- a short biography – we want to know who you are
- a statement explaining why you would like to travel to Germany and what you expect from the trip
- a description of your research project
- a letter of recommendation from your teacher
- the permission of your parents
Requirements for Participation: You must be a high school student and be between the ages of 16 – 18. Also, you must have worked on a STEM project and/or have participated in a high school science fair. It is not necessary that you speak German, but if you do, please let us know!
The application deadline is October 15, 2014; all winners will be notified via email by October 24, 2014.
Find out more about:
- Class visits to the Goethe-Institut Chicago
- Contests sponsored by the Goethe-Institut for the whole class or for individual students
- (online-) Quizzes, Info and Projects, from which your students can learn more about German and Germany.
- Visit Todo Alemán where young people can find reports about and tips for exchange projects, stays abroad, internships and study programs in Germany