Graduate Credit from Millersville University
The Transatlantic Outreach Program and Millersville University are pleased to offer another benefit to Social Studies educators traveling to Germany! Since 2008, study tour participants are eligible to receive three (3) graduate credit hours for their participation.
How does one become eligible?
1. Be an active and enthusiastic participant throughout the duration of the two-week study tour.
2. Complete the post-tour requirements as defined by the study tour acceptance packet. Typically, these requirements include writing a unit of learning as well as conducting one or more in-service workshops for TOP.
The "Unit of Learning" consists of one or two lessons about ANY aspect of contemporary Germany / German-American relations. Educators are encouraged to select the topic that is most beneficial to her or his classroom. The deadline is approximately two months following the conclusion of the study tour.
The in-service workshops may be conducted at any level (school, district, state, regional, national) with audiences both big and small (typically 5-20 participants).
Does the credit apply to a specific course title?
GOVT 586: A Direct Examination of German Government, Education, Business, and Culture for Social Studies Educators
Do eligible candidates have a deadline?
The credit application form and method of payment must be submitted within one year of returning from the study tour. For example, an educator traveling to Germany from July 11 until July 26 has a deadline of July 26 of the following year to apply for credit.
Millersville prefers that candidates apply for credit with six months of returning but will accept credit applications up to twelve months of returning.
How much does the credit cost?
The cost for the three (3) semester hours is $430.00 USD (plus a $6.00 USD processing fee), payable by credit card only.
How long does it take to issue the credit?
Assuming the paperwork and payment information is submitted properly, please allow about 6 weeks for processing.
How does an eligible candidate apply for credit?
1. Read the credit application instructions (refer to the first link below).
2. Complete the credit application form (refer to the second link below).
3. Following the completion of this form, you will taken to a secure online check-out where you will need to provide credit card payment information.
4. Upon receipt of your application and payment information, Millersville will request a transcript from TOP.
5. TOP will submit an official transcript to Millersville and your credit will be issued.Millersville University: Credit Application Instructions for TOP
Millersville University: Credit Application Form for TOP