We place great value in developing ideas collaboratively and starting a dialogue from the beginning. Experience shows that successful events and projects are the result of collaborative planning and the fair division of responsibilities amongst partners - from the original idea to discussions about appropriate formats to the selection of artists, ensembles and speakers to financing and organization. We therefore ask anyone interested in collaborating with us to communicate their interests to us at the earliest possible stage. This will allow for a timely exchange and mutual development of content as well as assure that our internal planning cycles (which, admittedly, can be somewhat drawn-out at the Goethe-Institut) be taken into consideration. Financial contributions to projects that have been planned without our collaboration are not possible.
Themes that interest us:
- Contemporary cultural scenes and the role of Germany’s cultural legacy both inside and outside of Germany
- Germany and the US – society, knowledge, history and cultural diversity
- German as a Foreign Language
- The Goethe-Institut is neither a commercial events planner nor a sponsor (quite the contrary, we actively seek sponsorships!). We wish to make possible projects that would not have been possible without us.
- Each partner, including the Goethe-Institut, will be clearly identified with regards to public relations, guests and audiences. All partners should be able to communicate their identity effectively and in the appropriate form (from logos to mutual press releases).
- Our locations in the US are: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington. We seek collaboration with partners nationwide.
- The focus of our work is not so much on themes, information and content, but on building lively and sustainable connections. We bring people together and contribute to the development of international networks.
Contact information for the Goethe-Institut in the US