Be a special part of the action! Each year, dedicated volunteers help us to produce the Berlin & Beyond Film Festival. It's a great way to get involved, make new friends, see great films, and support a San Francisco-based film festival.
Become a Volunteer:
For more information, please send an email to Festival Director Sophoan Sorn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the festival being off-season, replies may be delayed.
Complimentary benefits include: a detailed Volunteer Orientation, special Berlin & Beyond T-shirt, a unique volunteering experience, and the opportunity to see amazing films.
This list is subject to change. As we get closer to the event, certain positions will open up while others will be modified or updated.
There are four main positions:
- Usher: Inside of the theater guiding guests to seats (with a flashlight), Upon completion of film, open doors and clean up after the guests.
- Line Control: Standing outside of the theater assisting with the control of individual lines (ticket holders and pass holders' lines, ticket purchase line, will call line, etc.). Pass out festival program guides to those in line. Available to answer questions. Be able to have aforethought and wear clothing appropriate to the weather that day/night.
- Ticket Taker: At theater doors checking tickets (various types), festival passes (Castro Theatre only), and vouchers (Castro Theatre only), and handing out Audience Award ballots. Upon completion of film, they then collect the ballots.
- Inbetween Shows Ticket Taker: Most shows will allow patrons with festival passes or tickets to the following shows to remain in their seats. Inbetween Shows Ticket Takers will go through all the rows checking passes and tickets, and collecting stubs.
Box Office - Will Call:
At the "Will Call" table, volunteers prepare tickets and passes, check IDs, and find pre-ordered tickets for patrons, as well as provide general information about the festival.
We will operate a hospitality lounge in the mezzanine of the Castro Theater, an area where invited guests (filmmakers, press, members etc.) can retreat from the bustle of the festival for light snacks and beverages. Volunteers in the hospitality lounge assist by checking credentials as guests enter, restocking food and beverage, and generally helping with the upkeep of the lounge. Prior experience in event, food service, or door duty required.
- Provide safe and reliable transportation of guests to and from hotels, venues and San Francisco International Airport.
- Pick-up services throughout the festival, including some food and beverage items for the Opening Night Party and other receptions.
- Transportation of materials and supplies.
- State of California Driver's License and clean driving record are requirements and will be checked.