Be a special part of the action! Each year dedicated volunteers help us to produce the Berlin & Beyond Film Festival. It's a great way to get involved, make new friends and see great films.
For more information, please send an email to Volunteer Manager Kerstin Steffen:
Complimentary benefits include: a Volunteer Orientation, special Berlin & Beyond volunteer T-shirt, a unique volunteering experience, and the opportunity to see amazing films.
This list is subject to change. As we get closer to the event, certain positions will open up while others will be modified or updated.
There are three main positions:
- Usher - Inside of the theater guiding guests to seats. Upon completion of film, they are cleaning up after the guests.
- Ticket Taker - At theater doors taking tickets and handing out award ballots. Upon completion of film, they then collect the ballots.
- Line Control - Standing outside of the theater assisting with the control of individual movie lines. Available to answer questions. Be able to have aforethought and wear clothing appropriate to the weather that day/night.
There are two main positions:
- Ticket sales – at the Box office inside the Castro Theater. This position includes handling of cash, so all volunteers in this department will have to provide us two references.
- Will Call - At the "Will Call" table volunteers check IDs and find pre-ordered tickets for patrons, as well as provide general information about the festival.
We will operate a hospitality lounge in the mezzanine of the Castro Theater, an area where invited guests (filmmakers, press, members etc.) can retreat from the bustle of the festival for light snacks and beverages. Volunteers in the hospitality lounge assist by checking credentials as guests enter, restocking food and beverage, and generally helping with the upkeep of the lounge. Prior experience in event, food service, or door duty required.
Provide safe and reliable transportation of guests to and from hotels, venues and SF Intl. Airport as well as pick-up services throughout the festival (especially some of the food and beverage items for Opening and Closing Night parties). CA drivers license and clean driving record are requirements and will be checked.