Dr Agnes Matthias, born in 1973 in Kassel, is head of collection of prints and curator at Kunstforum Ostdeutsche Galerie, Regensburg since september 2011.
Matthias graduated in art theory, art history and empirical cultural studies at Karlsruhe and Tübingen Universities. In 2003 she wrote her thesis on the subject of war in contemporary artistic photography at Tübingen University in the special research department “SFB 437: Experience of war, war and society in the modern era”. In 2004/2005 she received a grant from the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach-Stiftung as part of the fellowship programme “Museum Curators for Photography”. Since then she had worked as an independent art historian and curator with a specialist interest in photography until she took up her position at the Kunstforum Ostdeutsche Galerie Regensburg.
- "Kokoschka as Draughtsman. The collection Willly Hahn", Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden, Kupferstich-Kabinett, 2011
- "KunstFotografie. Emancipation of a Medium", Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden, Kupferstich-Kabinett, 2010/2011
- "Notes of Absence. Photos by Anja Bohnhof & Karen Weinert", exhibition of the Kupferstich-Kabinett at Josef-Hegenbarth-Archiv, Dresden, 2010
- "Carina Linge. Einsamer Eros" (Carina Linge. Lonely Eros), gallery Bautzner69, Dresden, 2010
- "Jana Morgenstern. Stones. Works on paper", exhibition of the Kupferstich-Kabinett at Josef-Hegenbarth-Archiv, Dresden, 2008
- "Georg Baselitz. Prints from 1964 to 1983. From the Collection of Duke Franz of Bavaria", Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden, Kupferstich-Kabinett, 2008
- „Drawings of Light. Clichés-verre by Corot, Daubigny and others from German Collections“, Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden, Kupferstich-Kabinett, Dresden, 2007
- “Wahr-Zeichen. Fotografie in Wissenschaft und Kunst” (Emblems. Photography in science and art), Technische Sammlungen in Dresden (in cooperation with custodians at the city’s Technische Universität), 2006/2007
- “Changing Faces: WORK”, part of the International Photography Research Network (IPRN) initiated by the University of Sunderland/UK in 2003, Department of Photography of the Museum Folkwang in Essen, 2006
- “Elias Hassos – Paradigma”, part of the “Forum” exhibition series of contemporary photography, Fotomuseum in the Münchner Stadtmuseum, 2005
- “Armin Smailovic – Der neue Mensch”, part of the “Forum” exhibition series of contemporary photography, Fotomuseum in the Münchner Stadtmuseum, 2005
- “Italienische Aussichten. Photographien des späten 19. Jahrhunderts” (‘Italian views’. Photographs of the late nineteenth century), Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden, Kupferstich-Kabinett Dresden, 2004