Biography Lona Rietschel
- Born in 1933 in Reppen (today Rzepin in Poland)
- Training in fashion graphics in Berlin
- Studies animated film at the Meisterschule für das Kunsthandwerk in Berlin-Charlottenburg
- Professional work for the DEFA-Studio for Animated Films
- Starting in 1960 full-time employment with the monthly comic magazine Mosaik in Hannes Hegen’s team (until 1999).
- 1975 invents the comic figures Die Abrafaxe together with Lothar Dräger
- until 1999 active as a graphic artist for Mosaik
Awards and distinctions:
- 2013 Peng!-Preis of the Munich Comic Festival for lifetime achievement.