Frankfurt am Main
Test your knowledge of Weimar with our Weimar Quiz. The questions are about Weimar-related literature, Weimar's fame as the centre of the German classical age, as well as important places, traditions and events. Enjoy!
1. For how many years has the protagonist in Sibylle Berg's
been away from Weimar?
2. What does the protagonist in Sybille Berg's text compare the city of Weimar to?
a big brother
a generous uncle
3. Where does Sybille Berg currently live?
4. What do some authors, according to Günter de Bruyn, consider their primary task to be?
to get people gossiping
to produce as many books as possible
to offend good taste
5. Why did Günter de Bruyn visit Weimar?
To receive the Literature Award of the Konrad-
He wanted to meet Goethe.
He was on a holiday.
6. What does Wulf Kirsten describe in his poem
7. During which period was Wulf Kirsten working as an editor in Weimar?
1920 - 1933
1965 - 1987
1968 - 1990
8. Which of these authors was born in Weimar?
Günter de Bruyn
9. Who invites "Lotte in Weimar" to his house for lunch?
10. Which of these sights are characteristic of Weimar, according to Doctor Riemer in 'Lotte in Weimar'?
The castle, the parade-ground and the
The opera house and the crooked streets.
The townhall, the university and the lake.
11. For which novel did Thomas Mann receive the Nobel Prize in Literature?
Test your knowledge of Dresden with our Dresden Quiz. The questions are about Dresden-related literature, as well as important places, traditions and events. Enjoy!
litrix.de: German literature online
Portal for the Promotion of Contemporary German Literature
New Books in German
Reviews of new titles from Germany
GI Literature portal
© 2013 Goethe-Institut