© Karoline Bofinger
|Born on October 19, 1971, at Mönchengladbach. Studied Comparative Literature, History, and Philosophy. Published short prose in anthologies and magazines (Der Alltag, sheeg, etc) and became editor of the literary journal "context". Grant for a stay at Schöppingen artists village. Invitation to the Hamburg Schauspielhaus Workshop Days 2002. Martin Heckmanns lives in Berlin and is at present working on commission for the Schauspielhaus Düsseldorf.|
Prizes and Awards:
- Herford Prize 1998 for "Finnisch"
- Jürgen Ponto Prize 2000 for "Disco"
- Grant from the Schöppingen artists village for work in progress on his novel "Neulich unterwegs"
- Best young author in the 2001/2002 season for "Schieß doch, Kaufhaus!", chosen in "Theater heute's" critics survey
- Public Choice "Schiess doch, Kaufhaus!" at the Mülheim Theater Days 2003
- Invitation to the 2004 Mülheim Theatre Days with "Kränk" (“Sack”)
- Invitation to the 2007 Mülheim Theatre Days with "Wörter und Körper" (“Words and Bodies”)