In September 2007, Anja Hilling’s play Sinn, which she has written for a coproduction between the Comédie de St. Etienne and the Thalia Theater Hamburg, will be staged in French and German. In October 2007, Schwarzes Tier Traurigkeit, a work commissioned by the Schauspiel Hanover, will be premiered there in a production directed by Ingo Berk.
At present, Anja Hilling is working on a new play for the Thalia Theater Hamburg, which will have its premiere there during the 2007/08 season. Anja Hilling lives in Berlin.
Prizes and Awards:
- 2003: invitation to the Stückemarkt at the Berlin Theatertreffen and presentation with the Dresdner Bank Young Dramatists’ Prize
- International Residency at the Royal Court Theatre, London
- 2005: voted Young Author of the Season (in a survey of critics conducted by "Theater Heute")
- Invitation to the Werkstatttage at the Burgtheater, Vienna
- Invitation to the Autorentheatertage, Thalia Theater, Hamburg
- Invitation to take “Mein junges idiotisches Herz” (i.e.,“My Young and Foolish Heart”) to the Mülheim Theatertage (workshop production by Munich Kammerspiele)