© DRAMA,Iko Freese
Philipp Löhle was born in 1978 at Ravensburg. He studied history, drama, media studies and German literature in Erlangen and Rome. He wrote his first plays while he was still a student, and has also worked as a journalist and filmmaker (short films, documentaries, internships).
The author was awarded the Young Dramatists' Prize of the Federation of German Industry for Alias Gospodin. In addition to this, Alias Gospodin (premiere: Schauspielhaus Bochum) was nominated for the 2008 Mülheim Dramatists Prize. At the 2007 Berlin Theatertreffen, Philipp Löhle received the Stückemarkt Commission sponsored by the Federal Agency for Civic Education. Lilly Link won the Jury Award at the Heidelberg Stückemarkt in 2008.
Philipp Löhle was writer-in-residence at the Maxim Gorki Theater in Berlin from 2008 to 2010 and the Nationaltheater Mannheim during the 2011/2012 season. He has been appointed writer-in-residence for the 2012/2013 season at the Staatstheater Mainz, where he is also working as a director.
Prizes and Awards:
- 2007: Drama workshop at the Berlin Theatertreffen, winner of the Stückemarkt Commission (sponsored by the Federal Agency for Civic Education)
- 2007: Invitation to the Werkstatttage at the Vienna Burgtheater
- 2007: Young Dramatists' Prize of the Federation of German Industries for "Alias Gospodin"
- 2008: Invitation to the Mülheim Theatertage with "Alias Gospodin"
- 2008: Jury Award at the Heidelberg Stückemarkt for "Lilly Link or Hard Times for the Rev…"
- 2008: Invitation to the Hamburg Autorentheatertage with "Lilly Link"
- 2008: Baden-Württemberg Youth Theatre Prize project scholarship to develop a play at the Theater Aalen
- 2012: Invitation to the Mülheim Theatertage with The Thing, Mülheim Theatertage Audience Award
Translated plays by Philipp Löhle in the Theatre Library
- Du (Normen) (i.e. "You (Normen)")
Premiere: 2013, Nationaltheater Mannheim
- Fluchtfahrer (i.e. "Escape Driver")
Premiere: 2013, Staatstheater Stuttgart
- Nullen und Einsen (Zeroes and Ones)
Premiere: 2013, Staatstheater Mainz
- Der Wind macht das Fähnchen (It is the Wind that Makes the Flag)
Premiere: 2012, Theater Bonn
- Das Ding (The Thing)
Premiere: 2011, Deutsches Schauspielhaus Hamburg
- supernova (wie gold entsteht) (supernova (how gold is made)
Premiere: 2011, Nationaltheater Mannheim
- Die Überflüssigen (The Superfluous Ones)
Premiere: 2010, Maxim Gorki Theater
- Morgen ist auch noch ein Tag (Tomorrow is Another Day)
Premiere: 2009, Theater Baden-Baden
- Die Unsicherheit der Sachlage (The Uncertainty of the Situation)
Premiere: 2009, Schauspielhaus Bochum
- Die Rattenfalle (The Rat Trap)
Premiere: Theater Aalen, 2009
- Lilly Link oder Schwere Zeiten für die Rev... (Lilly Link or Hard Times for the Rev…)
Premiere: Theater der Stadt Heidelberg, 2008
- Die Kaperer (The Privateers)
Premiere: Schauspielhaus Vienna, 2008
- Big Mitmache (Big Job)
Premiere: 30 January 2008, Schaubühne am Lehniner Platz (60 Years of Germany premiere series)
- Genannt Gospodin (Alias Gospodin)
Premiere: Schauspielhaus Bochum, 2007
- Kauf-Land (Buy-Land)
Premiere: Theater Erlangen 2005