© Kascha Lemke
Born in 1978 in Eggenfelden, Lower Bavaria. In 1999, he moved to Berlin to study law, German language and literature and history at Berlin Free University. In 2004, his debut play, Mit dem Gurkenflieger in die Südsee, won the Schaubühne am Lehniner Platz Drama Competition. It was presented at the Schaubühne as a staged reading by Thomas Ostermeier during the F.I.N.D. festival in 2005, before finally being premiered at the Ruhr Festival in Recklinghausen. Christoph Nußbaumeder works as a freelance writer and dramatist in Berlin. In the 2007/2008 season, he is writer in residence at the Nationaltheater Mannheim.
Prizes and Awards:
- 2004: Thomas Bernhard Scholarship of the Landestheater Linz
- 2004: Winner of the Drama Competition of the Schaubühne am Lehniner Platz, Berlin
- 2005: International Residency for Emerging Playwrights, Royal Court Theatre, London
- 2005: Nominated for the Nestroy Prize
- February/March 2006: kunst:raum sylt quelle Foundation scholarship