Residencies in Germany
This funding is for individual musicians and composers from developing and transition countries seeking to develop original international programmes and productions with partners in Germany. The focus should be on artistic collaboration and intensive exchange on a partnership basis.
Pexels /Yan Krukov
Conditions of Funding
The grant covers the cost of international travel to and from Germany as well as health, accident and personal liability insurance for the duration of your stay in Germany, and a weekly allowance of €400 for accommodation, meals and other expenses. We do not provide accommodation.
This funding is not for attending Master classes or summer schools, study visits, business training seminars, tourist travel, family visits, or concerts or tours by ensembles.
- Invitation and support from an institution or individual of some standing in the German cultural scene
- A project likely to have significant impact on the cultural scene in Germany and/or the musician’s home country
- At the time of application, no pre-existing binding reservations (flights, hotels) for travel arrangements that are to be covered by the grant
You may submit the required documents in German or English:
- Comprehensive project description incl.
- Brief description of your exact project and substantive goals of your stay in Germany
- Detailed outline of planned activities
- Information about other participants, if any, and their role in the project
- Artist biographies and information about partner institutions in Germany
- Confirmation of planned work stay by the other party (artist/institution): personal statement by the artist or invitation from the partner institution
- Budget incl. support to be provided by partner institution, outside funding from third parties and the musician’s prospective fees
- Recent audio sample (link)
Next application deadline
Sustainability and inclusion
Another high priority is to help people with disabilities take part in arts and culture.
If you have any questions in this regard or need assistance with the application process, feel free to contact us.
Recommendations for climate- and resource-friendly travel in the Music Division funding programmes: