de+ Film Festival Funding
The aim of the film festival funding programme de⁺ of Goethe-Institut in cooperation with Auswärtiges Amt is to enable access to film culture and film education across geographical, political and social borders, thus contributing to strengthening and promoting mutual understanding between people and societies internationally.
© Afrika Film Festival Köln
Conditions of Funding
The upper limit of funding per project is €15,000. Non-permanent costs such as travel expenses, fees, costs for project staff and temporary staff, temporary rentals, translations, moderation, services tailored to the project, including costs for digital solutions, can be taken into account.
Excluded from funding are: Costs for permanent rent, permanent salaries (of permanent staff), procurement of permanent material goods or infrastructure, and Festival awards.
- Fulfilment of the objective / Relevance to foreign cultural policy / 40%
The artistic/social relevance of the measure is assessed with regard to the general objective of the funding programme. Guiding questions for measuring the relevance of a project include: What are the focal points? Is an exchange enabled that would not otherwise be possible? Are little-heard voices given a say? Are marginalised groups included? Are festival participants from countries whose national cinemas are underrepresented in the German film culture and film festival landscape?
- Project quality / Concept and sustainability of the format / 40%
A) Discourse and exchange: intensity and sustainability / 20%We assess the extent to which the funded measure meets the goal of facilitating international film-related cultural and educational discourse between civil societies. Particular emphasis is placed on the aspect of lasting exchange and the development of synergies, both at individual and institutional levels. It is not just about representation, but also about international co-production, for example by involving interlocutors in the conception and implementation of programme components of the film festivals (e.g., curation of festival series, exchange formats, jury participation, workshops, film discussions, film educational preparation and follow-up of films).
B) Concept of the format / 20%The quality of the measure’s concept is assessed. Guiding questions to measure the quality of the concept can include: Is the content coherent and consistent with the objectives of the funding programme? What is the motivation for implementing the measure? How does the format stand out from others? How are visibility and reach ensured? Is there local anchoring (to strengthen civil society discourse beyond the film festival period)? To what extent are aspects of diversity, inclusion (barrier-free accessibility of the film festival and film festival content), ecological sustainability taken into account in the implementation of the film festival?
- Fulfilment of requirements under grant law / Budget 20%
The proper use and accounting of the requested project funds, eligibility for funding under grant law, economic efficiency and financial sustainability of the individual budget lines of the measure are assessed (see section “What is funded”).
This blank application form will give you an overview of the structure of the online form.
Please read the information thoroughly before you complete an application.
Next application deadline
Bereich Film, Fernsehen, Hörfunk | de⁺- Die Filmfestivalförderung
After a positive funding decision, the start of the measure only comes into effect when the funding contract is signed. The possibility of an early start of the measure does exist, but only after a positive decision has been made and not retroactively
- Lusophones Afrika-Filmprogramm und kuratiertes Schulangebot (Afrika Film Festival Köln)
- WaLa Internationales Filmfestival
- Jüdisches Film Festival Berlin Brandenburg
- DOK.network Africa (DOK.fest München)
- „Gastland Rumänien“ (FILMKUNSTFEST MV)
- REALITIES. Europäisches Netzwerktreffen zum Dok.-film für Kinder und Jugendliche (doxs! ruhr programm)
- Internationales Programm (Edimotion)
- Young Film Critics Workshop (Ukrainian Film Festival Berlin)
- Kulturzug zwischen Berlin und Warschau (610 Berlin Warszawa)
- Schultag (Indisches Filmfestival Stuttgart)
- Documentaries for Young Audiences (Nordische Filmtage Lübeck)
- Programmreihe "Fresh Blood" (Fantasy Filmfest)
- Vertonungen eines Stummfilms (GEGENkino)