DAAD - Berlin Artists-in-Residence programme
The Berliner Künstlerprogramm (Berlin Artists-in-Residence programme) run by the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) sponsors artists in the fields of fine arts, literature, music and film. For more than 40 years it has been awarding around 20 scholarships per year worldwide, mostly for a one-year residency in Berlin. The programme cooperates with cultural institutions, museums, literature, music and film festivals across Germany. Guest professorships are used to network the fields of fine arts, literature and music with further education establishments in Berlin.
The works of guest composers can be integrated into Berlin concerts within the framework of the “Inventionen” festival. Focal points are electro-acoustic music, multimedia performances, sound installations and exhibitions that span more than one field of specialism.
Fine arts, literature, film, music
- Monthly grant
- Travel/transport expenses
- 12 months (composers, fine arts scholars, authors), 6 months (film-makers)
- No invitations will be issued to German nationals and foreign artists who are resident in the Federal Republic
- The fields of literature, music and film are open to applications from foreign artists, for the field of fine arts, scholars are nominated by a jury
- Current call for applications and application documents on the website