'Künstlerhaus Wiepersdorf, Brandenburg; Copyright: Künstlerhaus Wiepersdorf'
Wiepersdorf Castle in Brandenburg, formerly the residence of poets Bettina and Achim von Arnim, opened in August 1992 as an Artists House, and was subsequently re-inaugurated in July 2006 by the new owner. The house supports artists from Germany and abroad. Some 40 artists from the areas of fine art, photography, literature and music, and from the humanities, are invited each year. The Artists House encourages an exchange between generations and fosters dialogue between arts and sciences, a dialogue which takes a practical form during events staged at the house. The Artists House presents the work of its scholarship holders at readings, exhibitions, concerts, performances and festivals in Wiepersdorf and in other cities.
Fine art, literature, music (composition), science
- Accommodation and atelier
- Grants by various donors
Rules for application:
- Usually 3 months between March and November
- Ask scholarship donor about deadline for applications
- No age restrictions
- Completed artistic or scientific training or proof of several years of professional artistic or scientific work through work samples or publications.
- Written report at end of stay