AZ – Aller & Zurück
Who: Artists living and working in the French region of Grand Est and one artist living and working in Berlin, Brandenburg, Saxony or Saxony-Anhalt
Section: Visual Arts
Duration: Two four-month residencies: July-October in Berlin, September-December in Mulhouse
AZ - ALLER & ZURÜCK is a new Franco-German residency programme for artists from the French region Grand Est and the German states of Berlin, Brandenburg, Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt. The programme is organised by the Goethe-Institut Nancy and Strasbourg and the Bureau des arts plastiques of the Institut français Germany (Berlin) and supported by the Franco-German Youth Office (DJFW), the DRAC Grand Est and the Centre français de Berlin. It offers two four-month residencies: firstly of all, one artist from the Grand Est will be hosted at Künstlerhaus Bethanien in Berlin. Secondly, one artist from Berlin, Brandenburg, Saxony or Saxony-Anhalt will reside in Mulhouse. The artist will be hosted at Motoco Mulhouse in cooperation with Kunsthalle Mulhouse.
The residencies are open to artists who are at the beginning of their career and who are at least 25 years old. They should be active in the field of "fine arts": painting, drawing, photography, graphic arts, video, sculpture, installation.
To be eligible to apply, artists must:
- be older than 25 years;
- live and work in the Grand Est (Alsace, Lorraine, Champagne Ardenne) for the residency in Berlin (without restriction of nationality or language);
- live and work in Berlin, Brandenburg, Saxony or Saxony-Anhalt for the residency in Mulhouse (without restriction of nationality or language);
- be active in the field of visual arts: painting, drawing, typography, photography, graphics, video, sculpture, installation.
Two four-month residencies: July-October in Berlin, September-December in Mulhouse
Applications for the Mulhouse residence (in English or German) must be submitted by 30 June 2021.
The tender for the residency in Berlin ist closed.
BENEFITS OF THE RESIDENCY
Four-month residency in Berlin (July-October 2021):
- The selected artist will receive a monthly scholarship of €1,950. This sum includes transport costs and further expenses (travel, moving, food, telephone costs, transport).
- The artist will be provided with a flat and a studio for the duration of the residency at Künstlerhaus Bethanien.
- At the end of the residency, an exhibition will be organised at Künstlerhaus Bethanien.
Four-month residency in Mulhouse (September-December 2021):
- The selected artist will be paid a monthly scholarship of €2,335. This sum includes transport costs and all further expenses (travel, moving, food, telephone costs, transport/return of works).
- The artist will be provided with a flat and a studio by Kunsthalle Mulhouse and Motoco for the duration of the residency.
- An exhibition will be organized at the end of the residency.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Bureau des arts plastiques, Institut français Germany