„Be mobile–Create together!“ – Residency programme between Europe and Turkey
Artists applying from Turkey will be able to participate to the residency programmes in France, Germany and the Netherlands.
Artists applying from France, Germany and the Netherlands will be able to participate to the residency programmes in Turkey.
Section: Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Literature
Duration: depending on the residency one to five months between September 2019 and June 2020
Closing date for applications: April 30th, 2019
Four established and active cultural institutions in Turkey, Goethe-Institut, Institut français de Turquie, Embassy of the Netherlands in Turkey and Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (İKSV) join forces to provide emerging artists and authors in Turkey opportunities to spend time in artist residencies across Europe, and vice versa.
16 well-reputed artist residencies across Germany, France, the Netherlands and Turkey will provide artists with an ideal environment for creation and production as well as the possibility of getting involved in the local art and cultural scenes. The project sets out to initiate a wide international network between artists and authors working in creative arts, and institutions from Europe and Turkey, whilst fostering emerging talent.
The mobility-based, co-creation oriented, and peer-learning focused Be Mobile – Create Together! is realised within the framework of the EU-Turkey Intercultural Dialogue project, which is co-funded by the European Union and the Republic of Turkey.
Be Mobile – Create Together! invites emerging artists to apply for the open call for the artist residencies.
Emerging artists from the fields of visual and digital arts, performative arts, or emerging authors from France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey; are offered the opportunity to spend time in artist residencies according to their specific artistic practice across the aforementioned countries.
The artist residencies that welcome applications include 16 well-reputed institutions working in varying disciplines in partner countries. The applicants are sought to have lived and worked the last three years in one of the partner countries. Ideal candidates must have started building a career as an artist and participated in some exhibitions with a successfully evolving portfolio that would underline certain statements in their artistic practice.
Eligible artists can apply to the open call by filing up the application form on the website of Be Mobile – Create Together! (https://www.bemobilecreatetogether.eu/) and submitting their portfolios until 30 April 2019 (latest by 23.59 GMT+3).
The evaluation and selection of the emerging artists and authors will be made by an international committee. A total of 26 artists – 13 from Turkey and 13 from France, Germany and the Netherlands – will be selected to visit residencies from 1 month to 5 months; between September 2019 and June 2020 and all costs related to travel, transportation, accommodation and art work production will be covered by the project.
Artists applying from Turkey will be able to participate to the residency programmes in France, Germany and the Netherlands, while artists applying from France, Germany and the Netherlands will be able to apply to the residency programmes in Turkey.
Open call 2019Emerging artists from Germany, France and the Netherlands can apply until 30.04.2019 for the following artist-in-residence programs in Turkey at “Be mobile-Create together!” :
- Arthere (Istanbul) – 3 months, 1 artist between September-November 2019
- İKSV Residency (Istanbul) – 3 months, 12 artists between September 2019-May 2020
Barbara Residency (Ayvalık), Göl Yazıevi (Bursa), Misi Art House (Bursa) and Nesin Art Village (Şirince) complement the İKSV Residency by inviting artists to spend one-week excursions in the following residency programs:
- Barbara Residency (Ayvalık) – 1 week excursion, 4 artists between September 2019-May 2020
- Göl Yazıevi (Bursa) – 1 week excursion, 4 artists between September 2019-May 2020
- Misi Art House (Bursa) – 1 week excursion, 4 artists between September 2019-May 2020
- Nesin Art Village (Şirince) – 1 week excursion, 4 artists between September 2019-May 2020
Emerging artists from Turkey can apply for the following European Artist-in-Residency Programs until 30.04.2019 at “Be mobile-Create together!” :
- HELLERAU - European Center for the Arts (Dresden) - 5 months, 1 artist in autumn 2019
- Künstlerhaus Bethanien (Berlin) - 5 months, 1 artist between January-May 2020
- Akademie Schloss Solitude (Stuttgart) - 5 months, 1 artist between 15.10.2019-15.03.2020
- Camargo Foundation (Cassis) - 2 months, 2 artists between September-October 2019 and February-March 2020
- La Cite Internationale des Arts (Paris) - 1.5 months, 2 artists between the 3.9.-13.10.2019 and the 17.12.2019-29.01.2020
- Le Cube (Issy-les-Moulineaux) - 4 months, 1 artist between 15.09.2019 - 15.01.2020
- Exchange program Dansmakers (Amsterdam) - 3 months, 1 artist between 1.-19.10 2019
- Rast Theater (Amsterdam) - 3 months, 1 artist between the 30.09.-20.10.2019
- Van Eyck Academie (Maastricht) - 3 months, 1 artist between 01.-30.11. 2019
- Writers Unlimited (The Hague) - 3 months, 1 artist between 10.01.-09.02.2020
Terms and conditionsTarget groups are emerging artists from the disciplines of performing arts, fine arts, digital art and literature. Active interest in the program and a continuous stay throughout the duration of the program are required. Applications with a focus on intercultural dialogue are welcome. The jury consists of representatives of the Steering Committee and the Residency Programs.
Paid by hostThe residence program covers travel costs and accommodation as well as production costs.
- Artists from Germany, France and the Netherlands can only apply for the Turkish residences, while artists from Turkey can apply for residences in Germany, France and the Netherlands.
- The Artist-in-Residency programs are open to artists of all nationalities who have resided in France, Germany, the Netherlands or Turkey for at least three consecutive years (proof of at least the last three consecutive years)
- The application must be submitted in English.
- Apply online at “Be mobile - Create together!”
Required application documents
- Portfolio (max. 8 MB)
- Letter of motivation
- Completed online form
Application deadlinePlease apply online until April 30, 2019, 23.59 (GMT + 3) at “Be mobile-Create together!” .
Selection of ArtistsThe selection process is divided into three phases:
- Application phase
- Final selection of the international jury on 24./25.06.2019
“Be mobile – Create Together!” is run by the Institut Français de Turquie (Head of Project), the Dutch Embassy in Turkey, the Goethe-Institut Istanbul and the Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (İKSV).
Newsletter "Residency Programmes"
Back to Residencies Overview