Who: Researchers from Germany, France and Chile
Duration: 1 month
Closing date for applications: 14 June 2021
The Goethe-Institut Chile and the Institut Français du Chili, with the support of the Franco-German Cultural Fund and the Chilean Ministry of Culture, are offering a second call for proposals for the "Resonancias" residency programme.
The call is aimed at researchers from Germany, France and Chile who are interested in conducting field research in Chile for one month between September and November 2021 in one of the six partner residencies.
On this occasion, the collaboration between Germany, Chile and France will be strengthened through a programme that will bring together three artists* from the aforementioned countries in each residency to develop artistic research on site in Chile.
This programme offers different modalities of participation according to the residency profiles and their specific deadlines. The modalities are not changeable, so it is recommended to read the residencies' profile and modalities carefully.
Area of Focus
The focus of this residency programme is on the development of territorial research that focuses on the importance of the issues on the ground; the approach, whether artistic, scientific, academic or social, should involve the population.
The disciplines considered in this programme - visual arts, scenic representations, sound art, media art, literature, film, architecture/urbanism - should develop their impact in conjunction with other disciplines dedicated to the transmission of knowledge. The focal points are:
- Solidarity, connectedness or otherness
- Territory and Conflict
- gender identity
- Environment and sustainability
- Activism and participation (citizenship, community, democracy) etc.
The "Resonancias" programme is aimed at German artists or artists living in Germany, French artists or artists living in France and artists of any nationality living in Chile. Applicants should have an interest in collaborative work, even if their project is developed individually.
Duration of Residency
The residency lasts one month and can be completed between September and November 2021.
Benefits of the Residency
- Share Accommodation with workplace
- Contact with the local scientist/artist scene
- International and national flights
- Allowance for expenses (20 Euro per person per day)
- Honorarium for workshops and presentations (500 Euro per person)
- Production costs subsidy on application (up to 500 Euro per person)
- Cost allowance for the PCR test for outward and return travel (100 Euro per person)
The following documents are required:
- Photocopy of valid passport with expiry date until at least 31.12.2021.
- National identity card for residents of Chile
- CV of the participants, in Spanish or English
- Portfolio: individual and collective (if applicable) with a maximum of ten recent works
- Presentation of the project (maximum 1,500 words), in Spanish.
Applications may be submitted in Spanish via the following link:Online application
Application deadline: 14 June 2021
Institut Français du Chili
- ISLA / SACO Bienal de Arte Contemporáneo
- B.A.S.E. / Tsonami Arte Sonoro
- Casa Espacio BsAs 824 – FIFV
- Universidad de Magallanes
- Bosque Pehuén / Fundación Mar Adentro