Residency Program Tijuana, Mexico
Who: Applicants should be artists whose work is related to photography and who have already completed their education. They should be receptive to the hosting country’s culture and should at least have basic conversation skills in the Spanish language. Good knowledge of the English language is a general participation requirement.
Section: Photography, Visual Arts
Duration: 6–12 weeks between the beginnings of September and the middle of December 2019
Closing date for applications: June 30th, 2019
Current open callThe timeframe of the residency is determined according to our local partner: 6-12 weeks between the beginnings of September and the middle of December 2019.
ApplicationApplication documents are only to be submitted via E-Mail and, due to the jury process, have to be written in English or Spanish. Please send your application documents within the application period as a PDF-file (max 5MB) to: Sybille.Ellermann@goethe.de
Only completed applications will be considered.
- CV: with complete contact details and information about educational background, as well as a summary of artistic career and exhibitions.
- Letter of motivation: Please describe your motivation to participate in the residency program in Tijuana (not to exceed 2 pages).
- Project proposal: Please explain your project proposal, as well as how you plan on implementing it in Tijuana.
- Portfolio: collection of a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15 images (with title, year and optionally with a short description), to give an insight into your artistic development and methodology.
Closing Date fop ApplicationPlease send your residency application form up to June, 30th 2019 to e-mail address as above. We look forward to receiving your application.
Selection procedureThe selection will be made in agreement between the Goethe-Institut Mexiko and Relaciones Inesperadas. The decision of the jury is final and cannot be appealed. There is no legal entitlement to financial support. The applicant shall be informed of the decision in written form without any further explanation.
Features of the program
- Your travel expenses to and from Tijuana will be covered (international flights, Economy Class)
- You will be provided a proper work and living space in Tijuana for 6-12 weeks
- Access to the so called “RI space” for the exhibition of the project. The RI Space can also be used as working space during the residency, if desired by the artist.
- Contribution to living expenses
- Networking with people of the cultural scene and institutions that are relevant to the project via contacts of Goethe-Institut and Relaciones Inesperadas
- Support for implementing the project (including budget for the production of the final presentation)
- Promotion of the residency project and related activities on social media and on the websites of Goethe-Institut Mexiko and Relaciones Inesperadas
Contributions of the resident
- Development of a personal project and organization of workshops for local students
- Presentation of the own working approach / project proposal at the beginning of the stay
- Presentation of the results/ process of the residency at the end of the stay
- Distribution of the activities developed during the residency via the artist’s own social media channels and web page granting credits to the institutions involved in the development of the residency project
Cultural program coordination (music and exhibitions)
Tel.: +52 55 5207 0487
Fax: +52 55 5207 5194
Newsletter "Residency Programmes"
Back to Residencies Overview