Ulan Bator, Mongolei: Photography-Residency
Who: Applications will be accepted from photographers who live and work in Germany. Applicants are also expected to be open to the culture of the host country. Skills in the Mongolian language are not required.
Duration: 8–16 weeks in the period between early April and late September 2020. For stays of 8 weeks or more, the residency can be divided up into two stays (a study and a project phase).
Closing date for applications: 1 September 2019
Current open call8–16 weeks in the period between early April and late September 2020. For stays of 8 weeks or more, the residency can be divided up into two stays (a study and a project phase)..
ApplicationApplications will be accepted exclusively by e-mail and must be written in German or English. Please send your application documents before the deadline in the form of a PDF file (max. size 5 MB) to Michael Heinst, director of the Goethe-Institut Mongolia: email@example.com
Only complete applications will be processed.
- Curriculum vitae: Containing full contact data, information on education and an overview of your prior artistic career.
- Letter of motivation: Please describe what motivates you to take part in the residency programme in Ulan Bator (max. 4,000 characters).
- Project proposal: Please describe your project proposal and how you intend to implement it in Ulan Bator (max. 4,000 characters). Please go into how students at the MSUAC can participate in the project (e.g. in a workshop, a joint exhibition, etc.).
- Portfolio: Collection of at least 10, at most 15 pictures (with title and year, if necessary with a brief description) that provide insights into your artistic development and mode of working.
Closing Date fop ApplicationPlease submit your application documents by 1 September 2019 to the above e-mail address. We are looking forward to your applications!
Selection procedureThe selection will be made in consultation with the Goethe-Institut Mongolia, the Mongolian University of Arts and Culture (MSUAC) and the FH Dortmund, MSUAC’s partner university. The decision of the jury is final and not contestable. There is no legal claim to the award of a scholarship. The decision will be communicated to the candidates in writing, but without stating reasons for the decision.
Services of the program
- Financing of travel costs to and from location (international flights, economy class)
- Provision of an exclusive working and living space in Ulan Bator for 8-16 weeks (guest apartment of MSUAC)
- Cost of living subsidy of 1,000.00 EUR (gross) per month
- Networking with artists and institutions relevant to the project via the network of the Goethe-Institut and the MSUAC
- Support in the implementation of the planned project (including budget for the production of the final presentation)
- Publication of the residence project and corresponding activities on the social media channels and the website of the Goethe-Institut Mongolia and of the MSUAC
Services of the resident
- Development of your own project and holding workshops with students on location
- Presentation of your work/the project at the beginning of the residency
- Presentation of the results/process of the residency at the conclusion of the residency
- Dissemination of residency activities on your own social networks and website incorporating links and logos of the institutions involved in the residency project
Director of the Goethe-Institut Mongolia
Tel.: +976 11 322751
Fax: +976 11 322752
Newsletter "Residency Programmes"
Back to Residencies Overview