Virtual Partner Residencies
Who: Solo artists and small ensembles from Germany and abroad
Duration: 2–4 weeks
Closing date for applications: Project implementation is possible at any time from now to 31.07.2021. Please submit your application at least four weeks before the start of the project.
ResidencyFor the time being, travel is severely restricted due to the corona pandemic. As a result, not only have nearly all live performances been cancelled, but so have most physical residencies for artists and co-productions. Reacting to the changes in working conditions in the music scene, the Goethe-Institut has created this virtual residency programme to maintain and reinforce international exchange and collaboration. Funding for virtual partner residencies is now available to initiate international musical collaboration projects.
Virtual partner residencies may support working on e.g. joint research, compositions, concept and project development, pre-productions or innovative online projects. Other formats, including Interdisciplinary, music-centered may also be eligible for funding. The focus must be on artistic collaboration and extensive exchange on a partnership basis.
Area of Focus
Targeted CandidatesThis virtual partner residency program is for solo artists and small ensembles from Germany and abroad. Projects involving artists from developing or transition countries (see DAC list) are particularly welcome.
Duration of Residency
For the project duration anything between two to four weeks is possible.
Applications may be submitted anytime from now to 31 July 2021 (though the deadline may be extended, depending on how the pandemic develops).
Benefits of the Residency
A grant of €1,200 per ensemble/partner
Your application may be submitted by artists/ensembles in Germany or abroad, provided that at least one artist or ensemble based in Germany is involved in the project. If your application is granted, we will conclude corresponding agreements with both partners.
Please submit your application at least four weeks before the start of the project to:
Please hand in the following:
- A detailed project description, including:
- A short but precise description of the project and its substantive goals
- Detailed project schedule
- Description of possible PR/publicity/promotion for the project
- Information about additional partners and their role in the project
- List of participants, indicating their current location and function in the project
- Biographies of participating artists
- A recent audio recording and/or other works of the participating artists (link)
- Confirmation of collaboration by the other party in the form of a statement of intent
Virtual Partner Residencies
Tel: +49 89 159 21 894