K3 – Zentrum für Choreographie | Tanzplan Hamburg
As a centre for choreographic practice and research, K3 offers different types of residencies providing choreographers with space, time and support to work, experiment and exchange ideas with other artists.
As part of its residency programme, K3 provides three eight-month residencies per season to choreographers, who are currently at the beginning of their career, but have already produced some choreographic work of their own. The residency begins around the beginning or middle of August and runs until end of March / beginning of April of the following year.The residency programme is one-of-a-kind because of its length of eight months and is closely linked to the other courses and professional training programs offered by K3. The residency includes mentoring and dramaturgical, technical and production related support. It moreover links the projects proposed by the three choreographers in residence closely to the various other on going programs of K3.The goal of the residency is to develop and strengthen the connections between choreographic practice, research, artistic production and qualification. The length of eight months should provide sufficient time and space for overcoming conventional rhythms of production and open up space for exchange with other artists and interested parties in order to receive new impulses and contacts. Over the course of the residency the three choreographers will each develop a full-length piece that is presented towards the end of the residency on the studio stage P1 on three evenings.
Required Application Documents:The application period for the residency usually is in summer for the residency starting in the summer of the following year.
The residency is open to international choreographers. Applications must be made online via the application form, which will be activated during the application period and which contains e.g. questions concerning artistic background, motivation and details on the artistic project being proposed for the residency. The application can only be made in English!
Contact:K3 - Zentrum für Choreographie | Tanzplan Hamburg
Tel. +49 40 270949-45
- The applicant must be at the beginning of his/her career, but should also have already implemented some projects of his/her own.
- The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from beginning/middle of August until end of March/ beginning of April in Hamburg.
- The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3 and is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
- The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting her/his own work, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
- Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
- We accept applications in all choreographic fields (also dance for young audience for example). There is no pre-setting or exclusion.