Form teams on platforms, jointly create an innovative concept for circular tours from your hometown to the trio capitals of the EU Council Presidency (Berlin, Lisbon, and Ljubljana), and devise an idea for inspiring the public for a sustainable Europe.
The five teams that submit their travel concepts and fulfil all the criteria first will each receive €5,000 to implement sustainable measures at their school. The teams with the ten best concepts can start their journey in spring/summer 2021 and will receive financial support for this subject to the availability of budget funds. There is also an amazing prize for the Grand Prize winning team. It’s totally worth it!
We congratulate the winners of our fast developer prize (bronze prize) on winning 5.000 € for sustainable measures at their school!
These five teams were the quickest to submit their concepts for a climate-neutral trip to the cities of Berlin, Ljubljana and Lisbon in full.
The winners are:
Our congratulations to the winners:
“#oekoropa” is a project by the Goethe-Institut, supported with special funds from the Federal Foreign Office for the German EU Council Presidency 2020.
You can send questions about the #oekoropa competition to the following email address:
Under the project #oekoropa we are looking for young people who are interested in a sustainable journey to the cities of Lisbon, Berlin and Ljubljana in 2021.
Submit your two-part concept on our website.
The first part provides a detailed description of your environmentally friendly round trip to the mentioned stations.
The second part describes a communication strategy with which you want to draw the attention of as many people as possible to your trip as well as to topics related to sustainable travel.
Each team consists of at least 3 to maximum 4 students
There is no limit on how many teams can participate per school. However, the different teams should develop their own, independent concepts.
Since this project is funded by the German Foreign Office during the German Council Presidency, only students from EU member states are addressed.
Due to the transition period, students from Great Britain may also participate.
Sometimes it can take a while until you receive the confirmation of receipt. If you still haven't heard from us after three days, don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each team member must be between 16 and 19 years old at the time of concept submission.
- Pupils from general or vocational schools in EU member states may participate.
- More information can be found on our website under "General conditions of participation".
Rapid Developer Prizes (Bronze):
- The authors of the first five concepts (parts 1 and 2), which are received by July 31, 2020 at the latest and meet all the criteria mentioned, will each receive 5.000 EUR for environmental protection measures for their school.
Sustainability Prizes (Silver):
- The ten teams with the most convincing concepts will receive a bicycle for each team member as a gift.
- In addition, they will also be able to start their journey in spring/summer 2021.
Grand Prize #oekoropa (Gold):
- Of the ten groups of students* travelling, the school of the team with the most public presentation and travel documentation will finally receive the main prize #oekoropa, a very special surprise prize.