Part 1: The Tour Route
Plan a climate-neutral tour from your hometown to the trio capitals of the EU Council Presidency (Berlin, Lisbon, and Ljubljana).
- Whether by train, on horseback, by bike, or virtual – there are no limits to your ideas! All sustainable means of transport are allowed.
- Develop ideas about what sort of accommodations are suitable for an environmentally friendly journey and to what extent you can take local conditions into account.
- Make sure that your travel concept is detailed, feasible, and economical.
Part 2: Gain an Audience
Once you’ve planned your climate-neutral circular tour, the second quest consists of planning the communication measures you’ll use to reach as large an audience as possible and convince them of the advantages of your journey:
How do you get people excited about ‘sustainable travel’? What activities can you use to generate attention in Berlin, Lisbon, and Ljubljana? What channels will you use to document your travel experiences?
- Draw up digital and analog means you can use to share your journey with a broad, absolutely also local audience. Examples for this include a travel blog, a social media campaign, a film, and/or a high-profile event that you conduct at the travel locations. Please coordinate with your local Goethe-Instituts regarding your events in Berlin, Lisbon, and Ljubljana.
- Increase your radius by using the hashtag #oekoropa.
- The quality and scope of your interaction with the public on site and in social media channels will be assessed. The jury will also assess the teams’ persuasiveness on issues related to climate-neutral mobility and a European sense of belonging.