Application work grants 2018
This offer is primarily directed at translators of German literature (novels, poetry and essays) who live outside Germany.
At least two large-scale published translations as well as a concluded publication contract for the translation being worked on during your stay are required as preconditions for an application.
Translations of contemporary German fiction will be given priority in the selection process.
The Literature and Translation Grants Department at the Goethe-Institut headquarters is accepting applications through 28 February 2018, and will arrive at its decisions in close consultation with its cooperation partners. All applicants will be notified as quickly as possible.
- Four scholarships, each for a six- to eight-week stay during the period from March through December 2018, are being offered.
- The scholarship includes a purse of 1500,00 EUR.
The scholarship holder will also receive an additional allowance of 250,00 EUR for meals.
- Travel expenses will be borne by the Cultural Foundation of the Free State of Saxony.
- Two scholarships, each for a six- to eight-week stay during the period from May till October 2018, are being offered.
- The scholarships also include a purse of 1500,00 EUR, and include full board and lodging in the seminar house free of charge.
- Travel expenses will be borne by the Alfred Toepfer Foundation F.V.S.
Application form to Goethe-Institut
Please use this form to apply online.
The information you supply in this application form will go to the Goethe-Institut's head office in Munich.