Application work grants 2019
This offer is primarily directed at translators of German literature (novels, poetry and essays) who live outside Germany.
At least two large-scale published translations as well as a concluded publication contract for the translation being worked on during your stay are required as preconditions for an application.
Translations of contemporary German fiction will be given priority in the selection process.
The Literature and Translation Grants Department at the Goethe-Institut headquarters is accepting applications through 15 February 2019, and will arrive at its decisions in close consultation with its cooperation partners. All applicants will be notified as quickly as possible.
- Four scholarships, each for a six- to eight-week stay during the period from March through December 2019, are being offered.
- The scholarship includes a purse of 1500,00 EUR.
The scholarship holder will also receive an additional allowance of 250,00 EUR for meals.
- Travel expenses will be borne by the Cultural Foundation of the Free State of Saxony.
- Two scholarships, each for a six- to eight-week stay during the period from June to September 2019, are being offered.
- The scholarships are endowed with 1,500 Euro and include free meals (partly self-catering) and free accomodation in the Seminar Center.
- Travel expenses will be borne by the Alfred Toepfer Foundation F.V.S.
- The stay is aimed at translators who do not mind to cater for themselves and prefer quiet work in a remote environment.
Application form to Goethe-Institut
Please use this form to apply online.
The information you supply in this application form will go to the Goethe-Institut's head office in Munich.