Information about Data protection
International Co-Production Fund
Information about Data protection for applications and funding of co-production projects within the framework of the International Co-Production Fund of the Goethe-Institut
We, the Goethe-Institut e.V., Dachauer Str. 122, 80637 Munich, Germany, would like to inform you which personal data (in short: "data") we process when you submit an application to us via online form to support co-production projects. We would also like to inform you about the rights you are entitled to.
You can contact our data protection officer at the above postal address with the addition "data protection officer" or by E-mail at email@example.com.
1. Which data are processed?
When you submit an application for funding, we store and process the following data about you and the other artists/partners/collectives involved in the project:
- name of the co-producers
- production title and short description
- name of contact people
- address of contact people (street, city, country)
- telephone number
- E-mail addresses
- homepage / Advertising
- social media entries (Facebook, Instagram, Soundcloud, YouTube, Vimeo)
- number of artists involved in the production
- name, function and residence of all participating artists
- travel data, information on project phases
- sponsors, other partners
- cost/financing plan
- audio samples and video recordings
- other documents that you attach to the application (artistic concept, biographies of partners/artists, schedule, confirmations of partners and sponsors)
- information on previous contact with the Goethe-Institut
- an identification number for your application (assigned by us)
- bank details (in the case of a funding approval)
- image and video material on the new created production (when approved and developed)
2. For what purpose is the data processed?This data is processed to evaluate the application for funding and - insofar as a contract is concluded - also to fulfil the contract on the legal basis of art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) GDPR.
In the case of funding, these data will also be processed by us and the Goethe-Instituts abroad in order to be able to consider you or your ensemble and your partner(s) for communication at a Goethe-Institut abroad. In the case of funding, the data will also be used to establish contact and implement the project.
3. Who gets access to the data?Internally, the data is processed by our "Music", "Theatre/Dance" and "Visual Arts" departments. If necessary, the data is passed on to Goethe-Instituts in Germany and Goethe-Instituts in other countries worldwide. In addition, all members of the respective jury, consisting of three members of the advisory board, an employee of the Goethe-Institut and an external/international expert, who decide on applications to the International Co-Production Fund, receive temporary and limited access to the data.
Your data may also be transmitted to Goethe-Instituts, which have their registered office outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA). If your data leaves the EU/EEA, we ensure an adequate level of data protection for the transfer to these third countries by concluding EU standard data protection clauses with the Goethe-Instituts located there. These EU standard data protection clauses have been issued by the European Commission for this purpose. You can obtain a copy of this agreement from us upon request. Please contact the above mentioned contact details.
We may also forward your data to the Federal Foreign Office, to German Embassies and other presenters in Germany and abroad, if they ask us for artist suggestions for their own events.
We make use of external IT service providers who can access your data in this respect for the operation and maintenance of our technical systems on which the data is stored. We carefully select and commission these service providers in writing. They are strictly bound by our instructions and are regularly checked by us.
Otherwise, your data will only be passed on to other third parties, if we are legally obliged to do so.
4. How long is the data stored?We store the data for 7 years. If no new application has been submitted after this time, your data will be deleted unless you or your ensemble expressly request longer storage of the data.
Of course you can also request an early deletion of your data.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your RightsYou have the right to request a confirmation whether personal data relating to you is processed; if this is the case, you have a right of access to this personal data and the information specified in art. 15 GDPR.
You have the right to request us to correct any incorrect personal data concerning you and, if necessary, to complete incomplete personal data without delay (art. 16 GDPR).
You have the right to request us to delete personal data relating to you immediately if one of the reasons listed in art. 17 GDPR applies, e.g. if the data is no longer required for the purposes pursued (right to erasure).
You have the right to request us to restrict processing if one of the conditions listed in art. 18 GDPR is met, e.g. if you have filed an objection to the processing, for the duration of our examination.
You have the right to receive the data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You can also transfer this data to other locations or have it transferred by us (right to data portability).
To exercise your rights, please contact: email@example.com.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is contrary to the GDPR (art. 77 GDPR). In Germany, the competent supervisory authority is: The Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Husarenstr. 30, 53117 Bonn, www.bfdi.bund.de.
You can also lodge your complaint with any other data protection authority. It will then be forwarded to the responsible supervisory authority.
Back to the International Coproduction Fund