VIRTUAL MUSIC PROJECTS
for amateur and youth music ensembles in Germany with partner ensembles abroad
Work in the amateur and youth music sectors is severely curtailed for the time being by the coronavirus pandemic. Rehearsals and concerts can only be held under extremely restricted conditions, if at all, and it’s very difficult to make travel arrangements.
With a view to keeping international exchange and collaboration going with partners abroad despite these obstacles, the Goethe-Institut is providing a lump-sum grant to cover the costs of organizing and implementing virtual international music projects involving amateur and youth ensembles. This call for proposals is intended to promote creative projects even in these times of a pandemic.
This grant is for all kinds of musical collaboration involving creative uses of digital tools, including both entirely virtual and hybrid formats, as well as interdisciplinary projects with a musical focus and educational projects.
This call for proposals is addressed to choirs, amateur ensembles and young musical artists from Germany and their partners abroad. Preference will be given to projects by or involving ensembles from developing and transition countries (see the DAC List).
The project must involve an artist/ensemble in Germany as well as another one in a non-German-speaking country. Either artist/ensemble may submit the application for funding. If the application is granted, an agreement on the terms of the grant will be concluded with both collaborating parties.
PREREQUISITES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- Ensembles or individual artists in the amateur and youth music scenes in Germany and abroad with proven musical experience
- Equal participation of both partners
- Sustainable partnership and project
- Coherent process and programme planning
- Artistic and organizational feasibility
- Project implementation anytime between 1 April and 31 December 2021
- A final report on the implementation and results of the project
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING ARE PROJECTS WHICH
- Have already begun
- Are already substantially funded by other means
- Do not focus on music
- Are primarily of a commercial nature
- Take place within the framework of a course of study or training
- Serve mainly for private or family exchange or exclusively for concert streaming
THIS GOETHE-INSTITUT FUNDING COMPRISES:
- A grant towards project costs of €1,200 per ensemble/partner for equipment, rent, fees etc.
- Several partners may take part in the project, but no more than two grants will be accorded per project.
- The Goethe-Institut will not cover any other expenses.
- Project description with schedule
- Self-description of the ensembles (résumés)
APPLICATION DEADLINE and Process:Applications are possible until 31 March 2021.
The funding decisions will be announced by 30 April 2021.
For inquiries and information, call us at +49 (0)89-15921-293 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants have no legal entitlement to funding. Any funds we provide are voluntary contributions to projects which are closely in line with the objectives of the German Federal Government's foreign cultural and educational policies and which would not be feasible without such support.
Applications must be submitted via our cultural funding portal.
To the Application Form