Guest performances in Germany
The Theatre and Dance Department provides support for guest performances by theatrical and dance ensembles from “cooperation countries” receiving German development assistance.
This gives performing artists an opportunity to present their works to German audiences and to engage with the German arts scene.
Festivals, theatres and organizers in Germany that wish to invite ensembles to Germany are eligible to apply for funding. The selection criteria are the quality of the production and the standing and nationwide visibility of the organizer. The funding covers only the travel expenses and shipping fees of theatrical and dance ensembles from German development assistance countries as per the DAC (Development Assistance Committee) list of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
List of DAC countries
Applications must be submitted by the Cultural Funding Application.
APPLICATIONS MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- An informative description of the production invited to Germany
- The concept and goals of the event to which the production is invited (indicating the target audience) and information about event publicity/media partners
- Information about the applicant
- A budget stating the organizer’s own financial contribution and a solid financing plan with two quotes for travel expenses and shipping fees (travel agencies, train fare, forwarders etc.) for purposes of comparison
- Indicate whether the applicant has ever received funding from the Goethe-Institut towards guest performances for past projects.
- Applicant’s complete address and contact information
- Bank account details (including IBAN and SWIFT Code) and name of contractual partner
The application should be sent at least 10 weeks before the travel starts
To the Application Form