Have you always wanted to learn more about Germany, get to know the different states and discover the diversity of German cities?
Then come along on a digital trip to Germany as part of the Brisbane German Week 2021 and take part in this creative competition # deutschlandsoschön.
Design a collage for one of the 16 German states or for a place of your choice in Germany and show us your own view of Germany.
Who can take part in the competition?
Primary and secondary school students from all over Australia
What should I do?
Show us your own view of Germany and design a creative collage and write a short text in English or German
- about one of the 16 German states or
- about a self-chosen location, a city, a town or natural landmark in Germany
When is the deadline?
Please use the registration form to submit your collage in digital format (JPG / PNG / PDF) and a description (max. 500 words) in German or English to the Goethe-Institut by October 4, 2021.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be notified by email.
What can I win ?
Great prizes, vouchers for a German course or a personal language coach from the Goethe-Institut
What are the jury's criteria?
The criteria of the jury, consisting of the Honorary Consulate in Brisbane, the German Branch of the MLTAQ and the Goethe-Institut in Australia, are general effort, creativity, cultural knowledge and language.
Where can I get tips and inspiration?
Discover Germany, experience exciting Augmented Reality (AR) features with the free app Deutschland.Kennen.Lernen and let yourself be inspired by the colorful Germany poster for your own collage.
App Deutschland. Kennen. Lernen.
The German National Tourist Board
- The competition is restricted to school students in ACT, NSW, NT QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA.
- Only one entry per person is accepted. Double entries will be excluded from the competition.
- Winners will be notified by 14 October 2021. The winners will be contacted by email relying on contact details provided by the entrant. The result of the prize decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into.
- The value of the prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash, credit or any other goods or services.
- The promoter, other entities and agencies associated with this competition and each of their officers, agents, employees and immediate family are ineligible to enter.
- No responsibility will be taken by the promoter for any ineligible or lost entries or entries submitted before 17 August or received after 4 October 2021. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions, are incomplete or submitted/received by the promoter outside the competition time frame, will be declared void.
- Entry details remain the property of the promoter. Identifiable information is collected from competition members for the purpose of determining the eligibility and shipping of rewards and prizes. This information includes details such as name, address, email address and phone number. The personal information provided by competition members may be used to inform you of upcoming events at the Goethe-Institute in Australia only. No personal information will be handed to third parties.
- Acceptance of the prize is deemed to be acceptance by the winner of these terms and conditions and approval to use the winner’s name for publicity purposes, unless specifically requested by the winner not to do so at the time of accepting the prize.
- If the competition does not run for its duration due to (but not limited to) computer viruses, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the promoter's control that corrupts or affects administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the competition, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- The promoter will not be responsible for: (a) Malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any computer online system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or website. (b) Failure of any entry to be received by the promoter as a result of those matters listed under 10. (a). (c) Any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the competition or downloading any materials relating to the competition.
- Prizes are subject to further terms and conditions from each prize supplier.