Team Assistant/Care Taker
The Goethe-Institut is seeking to fill the position of a Team Assistant / Caretaker in Melbourne by 3 February 2020. The scope of employment is part-time, 28.5 hours per week (Monday-Thursday 11:00-18:30).
Duties:Team Assistant / Receptionist 50%
- Welcome visitors, language students and partners at the reception
- Telephone switchboard, answering general questions about language courses, events and services of the Goethe-Institut
- Assisting the language course department
- Library services, incl. lending DVDs and record keeping
- General support of marketing activities, incl. ordering, distribution and selling of promotional material
- Social Media Coordination (Planning, creating and scheduling content across all social media channels ensuring corporate identity)
- Organisation of the internship program
- Assisting the Head of Administration in general office duties
- Ongoing inspection and assessment of premises’ condition
- Preparing rooms and assist at events
- Small repairs and/or identify contractors, getting quotes, monitor repairs
- Postal dispatch, postage record, and daily mail distribution
- Freight and customs clearance
- Procurement of office material and cleaning goods
- Assist with purchase of equipment and taking inventory
- General caretaker duties
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English, a good knowledge of German is a bonus
- Friendly and service-oriented personality
- Team player, flexible, open minded
- Strong organisational skills with a problem solving and can-do attitude
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team, while managing own workload
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with social media
- Willingness to work flexible hours
A valid Australian work visa is a requirement for employment (applications from holders of "Work and Holiday" visa will not be considered).
Remuneration package: A$40,766 incl. 10% superannuation
We further offer five weeks paid annual leave.
Please send your application including a CV and a cover letter addressing all advertisement criteria in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.