Language Course and Exams Officer
The Goethe-Institut Australia is seeking to fill the position of Language Course and Exam officer in Sydney from 15.03.2020.
- Information and advice of German courses and exams via phone, email and face-to-face
- Participation in the organisation of language courses as well as internal and external audits
- Assistance with scheduling of teachers
- Maintenance of and data entry into the internal booking systems
- Issuing of certificates and course attendances
- Distribution and evaluation of the placement test
- Keeping the website up to date using CMS
- Participation in the advertising for German courses and examinations via social media
- Writing texts in German and English
- Participation in the annual plan
- Participation in the organisation of events
- Information about German courses in Germany
- Completing daily office tasks
- Accounting for corporate and private clients
- Billing and account assignment of language courses and examination revenue
- Ordering, billing, and account assignment of textbooks
- Preparation of monthly payrolls for teachers
- Participate in the planning and control of resources in the field of language coursework
- Monitoring the use of resources
- Participation in establishing course and examination fees
- Participation in achieving economic goals
- Very good organisational skills and accuracy
- Team player, flexible, open minded
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in both German and English
- Experience in dealing with all programs in MS Office, Internet use and social media use as well as readiness to learn a new language administration program, starting in Mid-March 2020 (training will be provided).
- Readiness for intercultural learning
- Confidence in dealing with challenging customers and partners
- Ability to work under pressure to meet set dates, independently and in a team
- Analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Preferably, background in education and / or clerical settings
- Experience in customer service
A valid Australian work visa is a requirement for employment (applications from holders of "Work and Holiday" visa will not be considered).
Remuneration package: A$62,531 incl. superannuation
We further offer five weeks paid annual leave.
Please send your application including a CV and a cover letter addressing all advertisement criteria in electronic form no later than 31.01.2020 email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.