The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the environment of cultural engagements in the blink of an eye. The everyday of the cultural scene has moved online, and this move has both disconnected some initiatives and activities, while, at the same time connected others. Furthermore, the pandemic has triggered us to look beyond our immediate human condition to contextualize our being in the world. How does what we do impact others? How do we consider the non-human and material worlds in our everyday actions? Which futures do we imagine beyond being self-centred on “surviving online”?
The initiative seeks to provide a space for new ideas to flourish and for continued societal and collective engagement. It seeks to support both individuals and collectives in their endeavour to reflect, critique, and suggest alternative futures and pathways of “being in the world”.
The Goethe-Institut Bangladesh invites all Bangladeshi artists/artistes, art collectives, cultural activists, and cultural organisations to apply for funding for innovative projects under the initiative “Futures beyond the Self”.
Whether you are an individual or collectively practicing, whether you are a visual artist, a writer, a choreographer, a photographer, a film maker, a performer, a media artist, a musician, a mime artist, a cultural journalist, a cultural educator or a cultural activist – or whether you are all of them at once: apply for getting your project proposal funded under “Futures beyond the Self”.
Requirements for your project proposal
All applications have to be submitted through the application form available here: Application Form
Selection of projects
- Applications can be either individual or for a collaborative project.
- Applying artists/cultural actors or art/cultural organisations have to have Bangladeshi citizenship and be based in Bangladesh.
- Applications can be made for all project formats: artworks, research, discursive programmes, cultural education, and learning etc.
- Applications can be made for both new projects and components of ongoing projects; ongoing projects might receive a partial funding for new components.
- Applications should be to the point in outlining the planned format for the final presentation of the project outcome.
- The duly filled application form along with a CV has to be submitted within the deadline, including a detailed budget for the project implementation.
- Applicants can apply for support for their projects of up to 70,000 BDT.
- Declaration of other sponsors for the project implementation, if any, has to be attached with the application email.
- ll projects have to be fully implemented by the 10th of December 2020.
A jury of artists and cultural activists together with representatives of the Goethe-Institut Bangladesh will review all applications and select the projects to be supported by the Goethe-Institut Bangladesh.
The criteria for the selection of a specific project proposal is based on the following:
- Originality of the project idea
- Artistic, creative, and/or academic excellence
- Clarity of the theme, objectives and formats
- Matching budget plan
- Evidence of working in the field of art, research, or learning for at least three years
- Previous experience implementing or participating in public art projects and shows
The Goethe-Institut Bangladesh will award several projects within the total fund of 5 lakh under the “Futures beyond the Self” initiative.
Duly filled Application Form in PDF format along with a CV has to be sent via email on or before 5 October
2020 at email@example.com
N.B. document size should not exceed 10 MB.
Goethe-Institut Bangladesh will communicate the results of all successful and unsuccessful applications to the respective artists via email after 15 October 2020.
Khandaker Md. Mahmud HASSAN
House 10, Road 9 (new)
Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka 1205