Residencies – Requirements:
Our residency programme on media freedom is geared to staff and freelance journalists from regional or national media in one of the member states of the European Union who would like to research the topic and/or to dedicate themselves to a project of their choosing on media freedom in dialogue with others.
- Medium: Print, audio, video, tri-media, cross-media, bloggers on the topic of media freedom
- Legal residence in a member state of the European Union (valid passport required)
- Documented journalistic work (references would be appreciate)
- Residency language: English
- Additional requirement: individual progress report after the residency
What do we offer?
- €2,000 flat rate per resident
- €1,500 flat rate per resident (accommodation and travel allowance)
- Where necessary, advice and guidance from contact persons from the Goethe-Institut Belgium
- Where necessary, advice and guidance from contact persons from local partners
- Location of residencies: Brussels
- Duration: 1 month
How can I apply?
The application documents can be submitted in the following languages: English, French, German, Dutch.
Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Research topic with project plan and outline (overall goal, approach, ideas for publication) - with description of own concern, own reference or own attitude to the topic of media freedom (max. 3 DIN-A-4 pages)
- Three recently published articles, posts or writings
- The residency programme will start in the fourth quarter of 2021
- The first residency is expected to take place between 01 October and 15 December.
We look forward to receiving your application by email. Please send your application by 12 September 2021 (23:59 CEST).
The selection of the journalists will be announced on 16 September 2021.