Call for applications
Assistant for Project Communication and Development
EU-Canada Youth Recommendations for an Inclusive Digital Future
The Goethe-Institut Montreal is looking for a new dynamic team member, who will assist the Project Manager in communication and outreach for the project “Our Digital Future, C’est ICI!”, which is part of a new program: “EU-Canada Youth Transatlantic Civil Society Dialogues”, initiated and funded by the EU-Commission.
The project is implemented by the Goethe-Institut Montreal, the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, Carrefour jeunesse-emploi Notre-Dame de Grâce, with the mission of the socio-professional integration of young adults into Quebec’s society and ThinkYoung, a European think tank focusing on young people.
The main target groups of this project are young Canadians and Europeans (ages 18-30) from all socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as policy-makers in the EU and in Canada concerned with youth, digital world issues, or EU-Canada relations.
Through a series of actions, the aim of the project is to connect the main target groups to the challenges and opportunities of the “digital world” and how to assure digital inclusion. This should be realized through three main actions: six Transatlantic Thinkathons, outreach to policy-makers and social and traditional media outreach. For further information please click here.
- Assist the Project Manager in implementing the project communication strategy;
- Implement social media strategy and related campaigns;
- Assist in editing newsletter announcements and social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Assist the Press Agent in researching and following up with media contacts;
- Develop new contacts and outreach opportunities;
- Assist in coordinating translations; updating website information; and creating (social) media reports.
- Degree in communications or other related fields;
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in communications or related fields is an advantage;
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English and French;
- Ability to work on several tasks at the same time, work independently;
- Creative spirit;
- Existing knowledge of media campaigns for youth, including working with influencers, is an advantage;
- Experience in working in project teams is an advantage;
- Graphic design or video editing skills are an advantage;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is an advantage.
- Start date: April 1, 2020, contract ends September 27, 2020; but might be extended until February 28, 2021;
- Work place is at the Goethe-Institut Montreal;
- Full time position, salary: $12,50/hour until May 1, 2020; then $13.10/hour;
- Candidates must be eligible for Quebec wage subsidy program.
- Please send your CV and a letter of motivation by March 13, 2020 to the attention of: Anna-Lena Gruenagel, email@example.com.