Call for Applications
EU-Canada Youth Recommendations for an Inclusive Digital Future is looking for a Press Agent
We are looking for a contractual Press Agent for the project Youth Recommendations for an Inclusive Digital Future, which is part of a new program: EU-Canada Youth Transatlantic Civil Society Dialogues, initiated and funded by the EU-Commission.
The project will be implemented by the Goethe-Institut Montreal, the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide, Carrefour jeunesse-emploi Notre-Dame de Grâce, with the mission of the socio-professional integration of young adults into Quebec’s society and ThinkYoung, a European think tank that focuses on young people.
The main target group of this project are young Canadians and Europeans (ages 18-30) from all socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as policy-makers in the EU and in Canada concerned with youth, digital world issues, or EU-Canada relations.
Through a series of actions, the aim of the project is to connect the main target group to address challenges and opportunities of the “digital world” and how to assure digital inclusion. This should be realized through three main actions: six Transatlantic Thinkathons, outreach to policy-makers and social and traditional media outreach. For further information please click here.
- Implement the project communication strategy in close collaboration with the Project Manager;
- Act as liaison for all media outreach and requests in Canada;
- Identify and continuously reach out to relevant media in Canada;
- Identify local media in the six Canadian cities where the events take place: Montreal, Edmonton, Vancouver, Halifax, Ottawa and Toronto;
- Reach out to the identified media contacts, influencers, journalists, school/university media;
- Organise media events: project launch, press conferences, press debriefs of the events and the overall progress of the project;
- Encourage (and if necessary, help) media organizations to use the content produced: to disseminate it on their platforms, to build a story around it, to launch a debate with their own audiences;
- Create media reports;
- Write press releases, and Social Media Posts for a Canadian audience.
- Relevant work experience in communications, media relations and social media outreach;
- Good knowledge of the Canadian media landscape, and relevant contacts to media organisations, journalists, influencers and bloggers;
- Project experience with continuous media outreach over a course of at least 6 months;
- Experience with adapting and implementing an existing media strategy, writing press releases;
- Bilingual: English (fluent), French (basic knowledge).
- Candidate will work on a freelance basis. Remuneration will be paid as honorarium.
- Estimated work load is 10 hrs/week, July 2019 – December 2020.