Call for Applications
Cultural Program Curator (Part-time)
Submission deadline: September 15, 2019
Start date October 1, 2019
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation.
Our cultural department organizes and supports a broad spectrum of events that promote encounters and exchanges between artistic, cultural and intellectual circles in Germany and Canada. Together with local and international partners we are primarily active in the fields of dance, theatre, film, media art and new music.
- Coordination, organization and execution of cultural programs;
- Organization and logistical support before and after events;
- Communication and negotiation with partner organizations and cultural institutions in Canada and Germany;
- PR/Social media: Composition and editing of texts for print, website and social media;
- Coordination of project advisors and freelancers, mentoring interns;
- Project planning, expense reports, monitor budgeting and support in proposal writing.
- University degree (preferably in a relevant field, e.g. arts management, cultural administration, curatorial studies, communication, international studies);
- Preferably more than 5 years, but a minimum of 3 years, of professional experience in relevant fields, e.g. cultural programming, communication or non-profit organisation;
- Very good knowledge of the contemporary German and Canadian cultural scene (Québec and the Maritimes in particular);
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French; good language skills in German;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Good articulation skills in both written and oral communication;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, including willingness to work in the evening and at the weekend, when necessary;
- Strong ability to work in a team; intercultural sensitivity;
- Excellent organizational skills and expertise;
- Very good computer skills and knowledge of all MS Office products;
- Desirable: Knowledge of graphics and image editing software programs (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop), proficient user of social media.
- This is a part-time position (75%) = 30.75 hours/week.
- The compensation is based on the Goethe-Institut’s salary scales in Canada and includes a competitive benefits package.
- The Goethe-Institut is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and guarantees gender equality.
Please email your application with the following required documents to Katja Melzer, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (1 page max.)
- 2-3 References
The candidate must have a valid work permit for Canada. The Goethe-Institut will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Submission deadline: Sunday, September 15, 2019.