The Goethe-Institut Toronto is proud to participate in the City of Toronto’s Doors Open weekend 2022 as we are looking forward to welcoming you into our newly redesigned space at 100 University Ave (King & University). We are celebrating this year’s Doors Open theme of “renewal” by inviting you to experience our new biophilic hub, chat with our team and grab a pretzel. In the wake of the pandemic, how do we “build back better”? How do we create community that is equitable, diverse and inclusive? How do we make and share space?
DOORS OPEN @ GOETHE-INSTITUT – free, everyone welcome
Join us for engaging programming and activities including:
- Fun and interactive German language games for learners of all ages
- Teaser courses (30mins) to help you get to know us and our pedagogy: 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
- NEW: Zeitgeister virtual escape rooms – can you crack the code?
- Video exhibition: “Kota Ezawa: Mobilizing Conscience” – Canadian premiere & Contact Photography Festival Core Exhibition
- Podcast station: Have a seat in our comfy chairs & enjoy our speculative podcast game The Comupter is your /redacted/, which brought together a philosopher, an artist, an entrepreneur and an ecological designer for a playful investigation of algorithmic culture.
- Zine corner: What happens when you ask five female artists from Toronto & Berlin how automated systems are transforming how we live? Browse the results in our Zine corner.
is produced by the City of Toronto in partnership with the broader community. One weekend every year, Doors Open Toronto provides an opportunity to explore some of the most architecturally, historically, culturally and socially significant buildings and institutions across the city.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our film blog to stay in the loop.