Calling all writers, wordsmiths, content creators, and communicators: the House of African Feminisms, a project of the Goethe-Institut network in Sub-Saharan Africa, is now hiring a Communications Manager to join us. We’re looking for a communicator to create and manage content across our website and social media sites.
Strong writing skills are essential, but an all-around creative with experience in graphic design, content management, and social media strategy is preferred.
The communications manager will work remotely with 15 hours a week, starting from 01 December 2021.
The contract will end after 12 months with the option of renewal.
- Works closely with the Project Coordinator and the Goethe-Institut Directors leading the House of African Feminisms to develop a communication strategy for the launch of the site in February 2022
- Creates and maintains web content based on input from content owners. Works with owners to ensure message accuracy. Edits content from providers; Develops, locates, and selects appropriate multimedia content (e.g., images, animations, music and video) and formats for web use.
- Serve as the social media content administrator and spearheads tactics to ensure the growth of social communities and the effective dissemination of The House of African Feminisms content through social media channels.
- Serve as in-house social media expert and provides online reporting/metrics for initiatives.
- Write and distribute press releases promoting the work of The House of African Feminisms to the Goethe-Institut colleagues in a timely manner.
- Candidates will need to agree with feminist ethos.
Method of Selection & Supplemental Information
- Fluent in English and French, Portuguese language skills are an asset.
- Responsible experience in communications journalism, media or public relations – including website and social media content development, communications and public relations experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience, sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
A completed application requires 2-3 original writing samples or communication pieces and 3-5 examples of original social media posts made on behalf of a brand, organization, or company or provide a link to your current portfolio.
Deadline for applications: 15 November 2021
Please send all documents combined in one pdf document to Edwige Dro (Edwige.email@example.com
) with the subject line “HoAF Communication”.