Contact and Enrolment
For enquiries about our course program and registration procedure,
please contact our Language Office. We will also be happy to help you register for one of our courses in Germany.
We will also be happy to help you register for one of our courses in Germany.
Opening Hours of our Language Office for general information and course registration:
Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Arrangements in tropical cyclone situations
For Extensive Course (A1-1, no prior knowledge of German) for Adults
To register, you can:
- Fill in the online application form (16 years old or above)
- and come to our centre and pay by cash or with your bank card (EPS) within three working days after submitting the application form.
- After receiving your payment, we will check the availability of seats in your desired courses. We enroll students on a first-come-first-served basis according to the date of receiving the payment.
- Before the start of the course, we will send you a confirmation of the successful enrolment into the course by email including the date and time of the course you are enrolled in.
- On the first day of your course, you will receive the receipt for the paid course from your teacher in class.
- We ask for your understanding that we can only fully confirm your enrolment once you have received an email from us.
- If you want to join the Continuing Education Fund programme, you must submit the completed application form together with a copy of the following documents to the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) (Address: Units 07-11, 25/F., CDW Building, 388 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong) within one year upon successful completion of the course (which should be calculated in resp ect of each course respectively) and before reaching 71 years olds.
- Hong Kong Smart Identity Card,
- One-way permit (if applicable),
- Documentary proof of tuition fees paid,
- Documentary proof of successful completion of the course(s),
- Benchmark test / examination result (only applicable to applicants who have studied language proficiency courses as well as passed a specified benchmark test / examination at the specified (or higher) level in respect of the course(s)),
- Documentary proof of benchmark test / examination fee paid (only applicable to applicants who have studied language proficiency courses as well as passed a specified benchmark test / examination at the specified (or higher) level in respect of the
- Front page of the applicant’s bank passbook or bank statement showing the applicant’s name, account number and bank name /bank code.
For courses for teenagers (12-15 years) and children (Standard courses for children, 8-11 years, German with Bunny Hans Hase, 5-7 years):
Please come to our reception during our office hours, pay the course fee in cash or with your bank card (EPS) and register your child. You will receive further information regarding the course.
For all other Levels (A1-2 to C1)
- Students attending a course in the present term can enrol for the new term by paying cash or with EPS at our reception.
- New learners and learners who studied with us before can enrol for the next term during the last week of the present term.
- You do not have to come in person (unless you want a placement interview). Anyone can enrol for you.
Registration for A1.1 Term 1 2019
from 19th November 2018
Mon-Fri 10:00 AM-8:00 PM, Sat 1:00-6:00 PM
14/F HK Arts Centre, Reception of Goethe-Institut Hongkong
Registration for all other levels in term 1 2019
from 7th December 2018
14/F HK Arts Centre, Reception of Goethe-Institut Hongkong
For applicants who have opened a CEF account before 1 April 2019, they are also eligible for claiming the additional HK$10,000 subsidy and the unused balance (if any) of the original subsidy of HK$10,000 regardless of whether their accounts were closed in the past. The co-payment ratios are same as above.
Who can apply?
Persons who meet the following criteria can apply for CEF:
- Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, i.e. “A” (right of abode), “R” (right to land) or “U” (remain in Hong Kong without restriction) should appear below the date of birth on the HK Smart Identity Card, or holders of one-way permit from Mainland China. For details of the meaning of the symbols, please visit the website of the Immigration Department.
- Aged between 18 and 70 (i.e. before reaching the age of 71) both at the time when the CEF reimbursable course under application commences and at the time when an application for fee reimbursement is submitted, which should be within one year upon the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course. Late applications will not be accepted;
- Have enrolled in and paid the tuition fee for the CEF reimbursable course; and
- Have not obtained any other public funds or assistance under any other publicly-funded financial assistance schemes for the same course.
Reimbursable courses in Goethe-Institut Hong Kong:
- A1 Communicating in German (consists of 4 modules – A1.1+A1.2+A1.3+A1.4)
- A2-C German for Conversation (consists of 4 modules – A2.1C+A2.2C+A2.3C+A2.4C)
- Successfully complete all 4 modules of the course, each module with at least 80% attendance (i.e. at least 7 out of 9 lessons; late arrival or early departure for over 20 minutes will be counted as absent)
- Passing the benchmark exam of the course with at least 60%. The benchmark exams are:
- A2-C – Goethe-Zertifikat A2
Other things to be noted:
- Please keep your receipts properly. If you did not receive your receipts after the third lesson of each module, please contact the Language Dept ( HK Art Centre, 14th Floor Tel: 2802 0088). No duplicates of receipts can be issued after end of the term.
- Certificate of Attendance and Certificate of Examination will be distributed in the last lesson of each term. Students not attending the last lesson can collect their certificates at the reception until end of the next term.
- Uncollected Certificates will be kept until end of the next term; thereafter uncollected Certificates will be discarded and no duplicates will be issued.
We conduct placement tests and assess your level of German. The process to assess your current proficiency level in German consists of two parts:
1. An online written placement test that we ask you to do at home before you come to
2. The oral interview at our Institut.
You can make an appointment for a placement interview by applying online here.
The placement test costs 100 HKD. We ask for payment in cash at our reception on the day of your placement interview. If you sign up for one of our language courses within 4 months after the placement interview, the 100 HKD placement fee will be deducted from your course fee.
In case you have further questions regarding the placement test or you cannot make it to the interview on any of the dates listed, please write to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The placement interview is held at Goethe-Institut Hongkong, 14th floor of Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wan Chai
Term Duration: 6th August – 9th October 2018
No classes: 24th – 25th September, 1st October 2018
Term duration: 10th October – 16th December 2018
No classes: 12th-14th October, 17th October, 15th November
Term Duration: 4th January – 14th March
No classes: 4th – 10th February
Teens Courses (aged 12 - 15):
Semester I: Tue. 6th February – 12th June and Fri. 9th February – 8th June 2018
Semester II: Tue. 4th September – 11th December and Fri. 7th September – 14th December
Dates may be subject to change.
|Course Type||Fee per Term|
|Standard Courses for Adults (9 weeks, 27 hours)||HKD 2,700|
|Fast-Track Courses for Adults (9 weeks, 54 hours)||HKD 5,400|
|Standard Courses for Teenagers, aged 12-15 (15 weeks, 22.5 hours)||HKD 3,000|
|Standard Courses for Children, aged 8-11 (15 weeks, 22.5 hours)||HKD 3,500|
|Learning German with Bunny Hans Hase, aged 4-5 & 6-7 (15 weeks, 15 hours)||HKD 3,500|
|Learning Materials||1 Set is good for 4 terms|
|studio 21 A1 (Course book incl. DVD and exercise section)||300 HKD|
|studio 21 A2 (Course book incl. DVD and exercise section)||300 HKD|
|studio d B1 (Course book incl. CD, Sprachtraining, Glossary)||300 HKD|
Our students can buy the learning materials at our reception on the 14th floor of the Hongkong Arts Centre. We cannot sell the materials to non-students. Please bring your registration receipt when buying the materials.
- General Opening Hours (Reception-Desk)
1. Age requirement of course participant
Course participants in courses for adults should be 16 or above.
Age requirement for courses for teenagers: 12–15 years
Age requirement for standard courses for children: 8–11 years
Age requirement Learning German with Bunny Hans Hase courses: 4–5 & 6-7 years
A seat is only secured when payment is made in full.
Goethe-Institut Hongkong offers the opportunity to settle course fees on an equal monthly installment basis. For details please contact our Language Department.
The different fees shown on the website of Goethe-Institut Hongkong which are valid at the time of enrolment constitute part of the contract.
4.1 A refund of the course fee will not be granted upon withdrawal from the course.
4.2 Withdrawal from the course is only possible within the first week of the term. In this case, we will transfer the course fee only to the same person to the subsequent term. Transfer to other term except the subsequent term and transfer to other person will not be possible.
4.3 Refunds are only possible if a course is cancelled by the Goethe-Institut.
4.4 In case of closure of the Goethe-Institut Hongkong prior to the commencement of a Course, the Goethe-Institut Hongkong shall refund to the course applicants in full course fees and other monies then paid by CEF applicants immediately.
4.5 If a course cannot be operated according to the specifications and descriptions originally published and made known to the CEF applicants or otherwise the course specifications and descriptions as specified in the application then submitted by the Goethe-Institut Hongkong in applying for registration and that the CEF applicants decline to accept the revised arrangements, the Goethe-Institut Hongkong shall refund to the CEF applicants on a pro-rata basis the course fees and other monies then paid the CEF applicants within one month after the CEF applicants have requested for course fees refund.
4.6 If a course cannot be operated on the date or at the time specified in the course leaflet or brochure and CEF applicants decline the revised arrangements, the Goethe-Institut Hongkong shall refund on a pro-rata basis the course fees collected to CEF applicants within one month after the CEF applicants have requested for course fees refund.
4.7 In case of cessation of a course after its commencement, the Goethe-Institut Hongkong shall refund the CEF applicants the course fees and other monies then paid by the CEF applicants on a pro-rata basis within one month after the cessation of the course.
5. Course arrangement/ Size of classes
5.1 The assignment to an appropriate course level is based on the result of the placement interview taken at the Goethe-Institut.
5.2 The number of students in our classes ranges from 10 to 18. Should there be insufficient number of students in a class, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone this class. In this case, the registered students are kindly requested to take another class or they will get their paid course fee 100% refunded.
5.3 We can only conduct those courses which have reached the minimum number of students required before its registration deadline.
6. Change of class
If a student wants to change courses during a term, he/she can do that only during the first 5 weeks of a course only once per term and only if there is space in the class he/she wants to switch to.
Once he/she switched the course he/she cannot switch back, or to another course.
7. Teacher allocation
Teacher allocation is subject to change.
8. Liability of Goethe-lnstitut
The liability of the Goethe-Institut Hongkong is limited to intent and gross negligence. Goethe-Institut is not liable for failure to provide services because of acts of God (e.g. natural catastrophes, fire, flooding, war, government orders and any other circumstances which are beyond the control of the contracting parties).
Should Typhoon Signal 8 be hoisted 3 hours before classes are scheduled to start, they will be cancelled. In this case, there will be no make-up class or refund for the cancelled lesson.
Classes that have already started will be immediately dismissed when Typhoon Signal No. 8 is hoisted.