Contact and Enrolment
For enquiries about our course program and registration procedure,
please contact our Language Office. We will also be happy to help you register for one of our courses in Germany.
We will also be happy to help you register for one of our courses in Germany.
Opening Hours of our Language Office for general information and course registration:
Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Arrangements in tropical cyclone situations
- If you have no prior knowledge of German, then please enroll into an A1.1 beginners’ course online.
- If you already have some knowledge of German and would like to find out which course level is the most suitable for you OR if you stopped studying at Goethe-Institut Hongkong more than 6 months ago, please book an appointment for our placement test online.
- If you want to join the Continuing Education Fund programme, you must submit the completed application form together with a copy of the following documents to the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) (Address: Units 07-11, 25/F., CDW Building, 388 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong) within one year upon successful completion of the course (which should be calculated in respect of each course respectively) and before reaching 71 years olds.
- Hong Kong Smart Identity Card,
- One-way permit (if applicable),
- Documentary proof of tuition fees paid,
- Documentary proof of successful completion of the course(s),
- Benchmark test / examination result (only applicable to applicants who have studied language proficiency courses as well as passed a specified benchmark test / examination at the specified (or higher) level in respect of the course(s)),
- Documentary proof of benchmark test / examination fee paid (only applicable to applicants who have studied language proficiency courses as well as passed a specified benchmark test / examination at the specified (or higher) level in respect of the
- Front page of the applicant’s bank passbook or bank statement showing the applicant’s name, account number and bank name /bank code.
For applicants who have opened a CEF account before 1 April 2019, they are also eligible for claiming the additional HK$10,000 subsidy and the unused balance (if any) of the original subsidy of HK$10,000 regardless of whether their accounts were closed in the past. The co-payment ratios are same as above.
Who can apply?
Persons who meet the following criteria can apply for CEF:
- Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, i.e. “A” (right of abode), “R” (right to land) or “U” (remain in Hong Kong without restriction) should appear below the date of birth on the HK Smart Identity Card, or holders of one-way permit from Mainland China. For details of the meaning of the symbols, please visit the website of the Immigration Department.
- Aged between 18 and 70 (i.e. before reaching the age of 71) both at the time when the CEF reimbursable course under application commences and at the time when an application for fee reimbursement is submitted, which should be within one year upon the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course. Late applications will not be accepted;
- Have enrolled in and paid the tuition fee for the CEF reimbursable course; and
- Have not obtained any other public funds or assistance under any other publicly-funded financial assistance schemes for the same course.
Reimbursable courses in Goethe-Institut Hong Kong:
- A1 Communicating in German (consists of 4 modules – A1.1+A1.2+A1.3+A1.4)
- A2-C German for Conversation (consists of 4 modules – A2.1C+A2.2C+A2.3C+A2.4C)
- Successfully complete all 4 modules of the course, each module with at least 80% attendance (i.e. at least 7 out of 9 lessons; late arrival or early departure for over 20 minutes will be counted as absent)
- Passing the benchmark exam of the course with at least 60%. The benchmark exams are:
- A2-C – Goethe-Zertifikat A2
Other things to be noted:
- Please keep your receipts properly. If you did not receive your receipts after the third lesson of each module, please contact the Language Dept ( HK Art Centre, 14th Floor Tel: 2802 0088). No duplicates of receipts can be issued after end of the term.
- Certificate of Attendance and Certificate of Examination will be distributed in the last lesson of each term. Students not attending the last lesson can collect their certificates at the reception until end of the next term.
- Uncollected Certificates will be kept until end of the next term; thereafter uncollected Certificates will be discarded and no duplicates will be issued.
1) Download the claim form here :
2) Please fill in the claim form with the course details and exam details :
a) Course Commencement Date = the commencement date of A1.1 or A2.1
b) Date of Course Completion = the last date of A1.4 or A2.4
c) Date of 1st Instalment of Tuition Fees Paid : the issue date on the confirmation of your A1.1 course or A2.1 course
d) Actual Amount of Tuition Fees Paid : The total course fee of A1.1 + A1.2 + A1.3 + A1.4 or he total course fee of A2.1 + A2.2 + A2.3 + A2.4
e) Name of Benchmark Test/Examination: 1) exam of A1 course : Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1, 2) exam of A2 course : Goethe-Zertifikat A2
f) Date of Benchmark Test/Examination : the date of exam which stated in your certificate : Start Deutsch 1 exam or Goethe-Zertifikat A2
g) Date of Test/Examination Fee Paid : the issue date on the exam confirmation
h) Benchmark Test/Examination Fee Paid : The exam fee stated on the exam confirmation
3) Ten original documents which support the CEF Reimbursement
Please bring all the original ten documents with your original CEF claim form to our office for stamp
· Original Course confirmation of all 4 modules which you get when you pay the course fee(e.g. for A1, confirmation of A1.1, A1.2, A1.3 and A1.4; for A2, confirmation of A2.1, A2.2, A2.3 and A2.4)
· Original Certificate of Attendance of all 4 modules which you will get from your teacher at the last day of each term when you attend at least 7 lessons out of 9 lessons (e.g. for A1, certificates of Attendance of A1.1 to A1.4; for A2, certificates of Attendance of A2.1 to A2.4)
· the original Examination Certificate (Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 exam or Goethe-Zertifikat A2 exam)
· Original Exam Confirmation which you get when you pay the exam fee
4) The ten original documents will be checked and stamped by our Language department, and at the same time your original CEF claim form will be checked and stamped by our Language Department
5) After the ten original documents and original CEF claim form are stamped, We will call you to pick them up with your HKID at our reception
6) After you collect them from our reception, please make copy of the ten stamped original documents and you CEF claim form
7) Please send the copies of the ten stamped documents and the original CEF claim form to CEF for Reimbursement
Or you have taken a German course at Goethe-Institut Hongkong more than six months ago?
Then we kindly ask you to take our placement test. The process to assess your current proficiency level in German consists of two parts:
1. An online written placement test that we ask you to do at home before
2. An oral interview with a teacher at the institute.
The placement test costs 100 HKD. If you sign up for one of our language courses within 4 months after the placement interview, the 100 HKD placement fee will be deducted from your course fee.
Book A Placement Test In case you have further questions regarding the placement test or you do not have time for the interview on any of the dates listed, please write to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Term duration: 8th June – 15th August 2020
Term duration: 10th August – 17th October 2020
Term duration: 12th October + 18th October – 20th December 2020
Children's Courses (aged 5-7, 8-11), Teens Courses (aged 12 - 15):
Semester I 2020: 20th April – 9th July 2020
Dates may be subject to change.
|Course Type||Fee per Term|
|Standard Courses for Adults (9 weeks, 27 hours)||HKD 2,700|
|Fast-Track Courses for Adults (9 weeks, 54 hours)||HKD 5,400|
|Standard Courses for Teenagers, aged 12-15 (15 weeks, 22.5 hours)||HKD 3,000|
|Goethe Junior: Deutschprofis A1.1, A1.2, aged 8-11 (12 weeks, 18 hours)||HKD 2,800|
|Goethe Junior: Deutschprofis A1.3 and higher, aged 8-11 (15 weeks, 22.5 hours)||HKD 3,500|
|Goethe Kids: Learning German with Bunny Hans Hase, Learning German with Bruno the Bear, aged 5-7 (15 weeks, 15 hours)||HKD 3,500|
|studio 21 A1 (Course book incl. DVD and exercise section)||300 HKD|
|studio 21 A2 (Course book incl. DVD and exercise section)||300 HKD|
|studio 21 B1 (Course book incl. CD, Sprachtraining, Glossary)||300 HKD|
Our students can buy the learning materials at our reception on the 14th floor of the Hongkong Arts Centre. We cannot sell the materials to non-students. Please bring your registration receipt when buying the materials.
- General Opening Hours (Reception-Desk)
1. Age requirement of course participant
Course participants in courses for adults should be 16 or above.
Age requirement for courses for teenagers: 12–15 years
Age requirement for Junior courses for children ("Deutschprofis"): 8–11 years
Age requirement Kids courses for children ("Hans Hase", "Bruno der Bär"): 5-7 years
A seat is only secured when payment is made in full.
Goethe-Institut Hongkong offers the opportunity to settle course fees of Standard courses for adults on an equal monthly installment basis. For details please contact our Language Department.
The different fees shown on the website of Goethe-Institut Hongkong which are valid at the time of enrolment constitute part of the contract.
4.1 In case of withdrawal from an already booked course, the following cancellation fees apply:
|Cancellation of course up to 28 days before the start of the course||10% of course fee|
|Cancellation of course up to 7 days before the start of the course||20% of course fee|
|Cancellation of course up to 1 day before the start of the course||30% of course fee|
|Cancellation from the first day of classes||100% of course fee|
4.2 If a course is cancelled by the Goethe-Institut, course fees already paid will be refunded.
4.3 In case of closure of the Goethe-Institut Hongkong prior to the commencement of a Course, the Goethe-Institut Hongkong shall refund to the course applicants in full course fees and other monies then paid by CEF applicants immediately.
4.4 If a course cannot be operated according to the specifications and descriptions originally published and made known to the CEF applicants or otherwise the course specifications and descriptions as specified in the application then submitted by the Goethe-Institut Hongkong in applying for registration and that the CEF applicants decline to accept the revised arrangements, the Goethe-Institut Hongkong shall refund to the CEF applicants on a pro-rata basis the course fees and other monies then paid the CEF applicants within one month after the CEF applicants have requested for course fees refund.
4.5 If a course cannot be operated on the date or at the time specified in the course leaflet or brochure and CEF applicants decline the revised arrangements, the Goethe-Institut Hongkong shall refund on a pro-rata basis the course fees collected to CEF applicants within one month after the CEF applicants have requested for course fees refund.
4.6 In case of cessation of a course after its commencement, the Goethe-Institut Hongkong shall refund the CEF applicants the course fees and other monies then paid by the CEF applicants on a pro-rata basis within one month after the cessation of the course.
5. Course arrangement/ Size of classes
5.1 The assignment to an appropriate course level is based on the result of the placement interview taken at the Goethe-Institut.
5.2 The number of students in our classes ranges from 10 to 18. Should there be insufficient number of students in a class, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone this class. In this case, the registered students are kindly requested to take another class or they will get their paid course fee 100% refunded.
5.3 We can only conduct those courses which have reached the minimum number of students required before its registration deadline.
6. Change of class
If a student wants to change courses during a term, he/she can do that only during the first 5 weeks of a course only once per term and only if there is space in the class he/she wants to switch to.
Once he/she switched the course he/she cannot switch back, or to another course.
7. Teacher allocation
Teacher allocation is subject to change.
8. Liability of Goethe-lnstitut
The liability of the Goethe-Institut Hongkong is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut is not liable for failure to provide services because of acts of God (e.g. natural catastrophes, fire, flooding, war, government orders and any other circumstances which are beyond the control of the contracting parties).
9. Special Arrangements in the Event of Unforeseen External Circumstances
9.1 Should Typhoon Signal 8 be hoisted 3 hours before classes are scheduled to start, they will be cancelled. In this case, there will be no make-up class or refund for the cancelled lesson. Classes that have already started will be immediately dismissed when Typhoon Signal No. 8 is hoisted. A detailed list of arrangements in adverse weather conditions can be found here.
9.2 In the event of short-noticed suspension of language courses and examinations due to unforeseen external circumstances (other than typhoons), such as any threat to public health, safety and order or massive disruptions in public transportation, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to implement special arrangements for currently enrolled students that can be found here.