Our preventive hygiene and health measures for your safety
All in-person classroom courses at Goethe-Institut are suspended until presumably 21st April. They will be held in the online live format via Zoom instead. For details, please enquire via firstname.lastname@example.org or +852 28020088.
Please note that if you are notified by the government or medical authorities to attend for a Covid-19 test, please do not use our services until you know your result is negative.
According to official regulations, kindly be prepared to present your (digital) vaccination record when entering our venue.
To ensure a safe environment for our visitors, the following preventive hygiene and health measures will be taken:
- Air Purifier is installed in every classroom.
- An antivirus coating is carried out throughout our premises every 90 days.
- All teachers and staff, who are in direct contact with visitors to the Goethe-Institut, are tested for Covid-19 every 14 days. In accordance to the state regulation, teachers and staff, whose second vaccination has taken place at least 14 days ago, are exempt from the obligatory testing.
- The air-conditioning system on the 13th and 14th floor has been cleaned and disinfected thoroughly.
- Door handles, light switches, lift switches and other contact surfaces will be disinfected every hour. In addition to the regular daily cleaning, the toilets on the 13th floor will be cleaned and disinfected shortly before the start of the lesson, before the break, and after the break.
- The chairs in the classrooms have been arranged 1.5 meters apart. Plastic partitions are also arranged on each table.
- Eating is not allowed in our premises at the moment. Water machines are also not in service for the time being.
- All staff of Goethe-Institut Hongkong including all teachers in the classrooms will be wearing masks.
- Before the start of each lesson, students and visitors will have their body temperature checked in the lobby of Hong Kong Arts Centre before entering the lifts. The service lift in the back entrance of HKAC will not be accessible at this time. All visitors including library users and exam candidates will also have their body temperature measured before entering the premises of Goethe-Institut. Should your body temperature be 37.5°C or above, we unfortunately cannot admit you to the rooms and facilities of Goethe-Institut.
- Please wear a mask during your stay at the Goethe-Institut, and throughout your entire German lesson including the break. Please understand that you will not be admitted to any rooms and facilities of Goethe-Institut if you are not wearing a mask.
- Please use the app "LeaveHomeSafe" and scan the QR codes when entering and leaving Goethe-Institut. The QR codes can be found on 13/F and 14/F.
- Please use hand-disinfectant regularly.
- Hand-disinfectant can be found:
- In every classroom (13/F)
- Next to the lift (13/F)
- Opposite of the classroom BERLIN (13/F)
- At the reception (14/F)
- In the Library (14/F)
- I have NOT traveled outside of HKSAR within the last 14 days.
- I do NOT show any of the following symptoms: Fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms.
- I have NOT been in close contact with any confirmed or suspected cases of the novel coronavirus / Covid-19.
- I am NOT currently notified by the government or medical authorities to undergo Covid-19 testing.