Jugend kocht is a digital festival from 16. to 22. August 2021 with the aim of awakening the curiosity and joy of young people (from mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mongolia, Japan and South Korea) around the topic of "food".
Young people aged 15-20 years old and with a German language level of at least A2 are encouraged to deal with the topic of sustainable nutrition linguistically, professionally, but above all, in a practical way during a 7-day language and cooking workshop.
At the cooking workshop, participants can gain their first practical experience in the kitchen, and at the language workshop they can exchange important terms and witty phrases about food with other participants from the region. Further information sessions by nutritional Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and organisations from Germany, as well as a sustainability challenge, will provide new perspectives and present current nutritional trends.
Further information on the event, the content of the topics and the conditions of participation will be updated regularly on this website.
Registration Information and Rundown
- between 15 and 20 years of age
- with at least a completed German level A2
- with a great interest in the topic of food, a desire to exchange with participants from different countries and a willingness to discover cuisine anew.
- who can be relied on to participate for the entire duration of the event
- with the following technical equipment: laptop/tablet incl. audio, micro and camera function, stable internet, quiet environment
- with access to a kitchen (see checklist in the registration form)
- Application form
- PDF Letter of Consent for under 18 years old
- PDF Letter of Consent for 18 years old or above
- Proof of current language level (last exam certificate, course confirmation, etc.)
Here you will find a general overview of the most important dates and deadlines:
|30 Jun||Registration deadline|
|15 - 31 Jul||Receipt of confirmation and give-away package|
|2 - 7 Aug||Start: Digital Sustainability Challenge
Prize: Souvenirs and/or partcipation in a two-day workshop for "Game Design Actionbound"
|16 - 22 Aug||Digital Festival Week (including language and cooking workshops, information sessions)|
|22 Aug||Announcement of winners of the Sustainability Challenge|
|11 - 12 Sep||Digital Workshop for winners of the Sustainability Challenge|
- two chefs from Germany: Vincent Fricke (Holistic Food) and Marc Christian (MEATINGRAUM)
- Food influencers and stakeholders from Germany, such as: Restless Happy, Original Unverpackt, Über den Tellerrand and many more.
- Youth ambassadors of "Together for the future"
- the language trainer Jasmine Ghandtchi
- Enjoyment and responsibility in eating
- personal preferences, consumer behaviour and cultural traditions in eating
- Influence of animal products in a sustainable diet, as well as the CO2 emissions in food production
- Preventing food waste and plastic waste
Here you can find an overview of the digital festival week from 16 - 22 August 2021 (in German only)
email@example.com by 30.6.2021